aliens

Author Topic: [SUGGESTION-UNCUT][#045] Wounds infos - Inventory button - Options  (Read 4960 times)

Offline Unknown Hero

• Colonel
    • View Profile
45) Display the numbers of days of unavailability for wounded soldiers in screens - Add Inventory button - Options.

45 a) Display infos about wounded soldiers in the "Soldier List" screen - Add Inventory button.

Display the numbers of days of unavailability for wounded soldiers in the "Soldier List" screen.
And add an Inventory button in this screen.

And therefore, allow the ability to equip soldiers at base for base defense mission.
The soldiers in base can only be equipped with items at base, and the soldiers in crafts can only be equipped with items in respective troop transport.
The inventory template is memorized for soldiers at base.
I think there is no need to have (but very nice to have) 2 memorized inventory templates for each soldier (different equipments for different tactics), one for base and one for craft; so this can be implemented for better player convenience if not to much work.

45 b) Add an option for base defense mission:
"Wounded Soldiers Fight During Base Defense Mission" - "YES" - "NO" - (default "NO")

Wounded soldiers have reduced Health and reduced stats (just like during other missions) but right at the start of combat (easy targets for Aliens, and possibility for them to kill some precious XCom soldiers even if they lose the combat).

45 c) Add an option for base defense mission:
"Aliens Can Liberate Aliens Prisoners During Base Defense Mission" - "YES" - "NO" - (default "NO")

Attackers Aliens need to reach the Alien Containment facility to liberate the Aliens Prisoners.
Attackers Aliens give weapons to Aliens Prisoners and they fight against XCom soldiers (at the same time this reduces the opportunities to XCom for research and sale of live aliens (and their use for the manufacture of items (mods)).

45 d) Add an option:
"More Chance To Discover XCom Base If Aliens Prisoners" - "YES" - "NO" - (default "NO")

There is more chance for the Alien UFOs (%) to discover XCom Base when patroling if there is Aliens Prisoners in the XCom Base (Aliens Prisoners can be detected with Mind Probe technology (and position info about the Alien Containment facility), and Aliens Prisoners send psionic messages (they also send messages about the Alien Containment facility position in the XCom Base and the best way to go to this position (AI improvement needed))).

Ex:
+10% for Xcom Base detection if Aliens Prisoners with no psionic skill (ex: Muton, etc., UFOs crew use Mind Probe technology to detect Aliens in XCom base),
+20% for Xcom Base detection if Aliens Prisoners with psionic skill (ex: Sectoid, etc., Aliens prisoners send psionic messages),
(+20% (+30%?) for "robots" Aliens Prisoners (ex: Cyberdisc, etc., send automatic position messages (eventually for mods allowing capture of live Aliens Robots"))).

45 e) Display the numbers of days of unavailability for wounded soldiers and soldiers Rank (yellow icons) in the "Sell Items/Sack Personnel" screen.

The player need these infos to make decisions.

Ex: The player can sack the unavailable soldiers for long period if they are only rookies, and at the same time choose to conserve high Rank soldiers even if they are unavailable for a long period.

Note: Wounds only appears for soldiers (None, Wounded>10).

45 f) Display the numbers of days of unavailability for wounded soldiers and soldiers Rank (yellow icons) in the "Transfert" screen.

The player need these infos to make decisions.

Ex: Sometimes, I send unavailable soldiers for long period to an "inactive" base (no troop transport) for psi training; I also need to known the soldiers Rank to send them to others bases for better organization (Commander, Colonels, Captains, Sergeants, Squaddies, Rookies).

Note: Wounds only appears for soldiers (None, Wounded>10).

As usual, the images are for explanation only.

***** Added 07/04/2014 - Start

If not enough space, it can (example) be done this way.

Next to the Rank icon (yellow), I added icon for soldier Armor type (blue):

One solid line --> Personal Armor
Two solid lines --> Power Suit
Two solid lines and one dotted line --> Flying Suit

Adding the possibility to personalize icons for Armors (mods) would also be nice.

Also, add the icons for soldier Armor type for all screens in game.

As usual, the images are for explanation only.

***** Added 07/04/2014 - End
« Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 11:13:05 pm by Unknown Hero »

Offline Falko

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [SUGGESTION-UNCUT][#045] Wounds infos - Inventory button - Options
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2014, 12:55:18 am »
45a) +1
the other things: dont care

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2014, 01:03:29 am »
I like the idea of liberating aliens.

The rest is either indifferent to me or seems a bit obsessive. P:

Offline Hythlodaeus

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2014, 09:40:15 pm »
Protip: namespaces are already too small for certain entries. Also Translations.

Offline El Yahpo

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2014, 08:37:28 am »
I'm down for 45 a and b. Not only would this help equip for base defense, you could also pre-equip your back-up soldiers! Yes yes yes. This is a good idea.  ;D

I also like showing wounded days in the sell/sack screen, although I don't usually sack soldiers so I don't think I'd use it. Hence, I'm on the fence for that one.

The rest I'm not particularly fond of, but they could be interesting.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile

niculinux

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2016, 03:53:53 pm »
Agree with 45 a) and 45 e)!!