Author Topic: No indication for nightly  (Read 3711 times)

Offline 7Saturn

• Colonel
    • View Profile
No indication for nightly
« on: April 30, 2015, 07:04:27 pm »
Well, maybe something is wrong at my site, or the linux-compiled versions of OpenXcom-nightlies don't show any hint, that they are a nightly-version or the date of the nightly. But the precompiled downloadable windows-version do show the date of the nightly. Is that on purpose or is there a way to get that information into the linux-compiled nightlies of OpenXcom?

Offline Warboy1982

• Administrator
  • Commander
  • Developer
    • View Profile
Re: No indication for nightly
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2015, 07:18:44 pm »
src/version.h

the automated builder adjusts it automagically.

Offline 7Saturn

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2015, 07:56:59 pm »
Meaning, I have to enter something there, to have it shown ingame? And the builder of github does that by its own?

Offline 7Saturn

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2015, 11:57:55 pm »
OK, just for the non-coders, like me: the mentioned file has a line, similar to
Code: [Select]
#define OPENXCOM_VERSION_SHORT "1.0"That can be adjusted. Just for housekeeping of the version, one can enter the desired string, e. g. "Nightly 1.0 2015-05-04-18-46". This is shown in the main menu. The other strings can also be seen, in that short moment during start-command and main menu. Usually it's the easiest way, to change the short-parameter, as it will be seen the easiest way.

Offline winterheart

• Colonel
  • Fellow Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2015, 07:27:48 pm »
In CMake builds version from git repository are generated automatically with "1.0g${git_revision_of_HEAD}" pattern. This version shown in window caption (if you played in Windowed mode) and main screen.