Author Topic: New terror mission bug - vector::_range_check  (Read 8350 times)

Offline Buscher

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: New terror mission bug - vector::_range_check
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2015, 09:49:16 pm »
Thinking about it, this workaround I came up with is no good on the long term.

Hobbes:
If you don't mind using FMP to verify the terrain pack, you could have a look at this post with a savegame. The FMP mod has the same integrity values (md5 checksums) as your files, I think. Just make sure that you don't activate savescumming while testing with FMP enabled.

I wish there was more debug information to go around. The openxcom.log doesn't tell anything either. Without running the entire engine in debugging mode, it's probably going very hard to fix that issue.

Jstank:
Do you still happen to have the savegame? Could you upload it, please?

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
  • Infiltration subroutine in progress
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2015, 10:09:39 pm »
Thinking about it, this workaround I came up with is no good on the long term.

Hobbes:
If you don't mind using FMP to verify the terrain pack, you could have a look at this post with a savegame. The FMP mod has the same integrity values (md5 checksums) as your files, I think. Just make sure that you don't activate savescumming while testing with FMP enabled.

I wish there was more debug information to go around. The openxcom.log doesn't tell anything either. Without running the entire engine in debugging mode, it's probably going very hard to fix that issue.

Jstank:
Do you still happen to have the savegame? Could you upload it, please?

EDIT: I downloaded the saved file, installed the latest version of the FMP and tested a Railyard Terror Site. Everything worked fine for 10 turns and the RMP nodes were good.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 10:25:37 pm by Hobbes »

Offline chaosshade

• Colonel
  • The Harpy
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2015, 11:53:35 pm »
Try turning terrain pack nightly off. It worked for me.

Yeah, turning it off works, but then I'm back to landing in the same five bloody corn fields and the same desert map... can't really win w/ this one, lol

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2015, 12:15:14 am »
Just looked at the latest FMP ruleset, I think there is an issue with the alienDeployment entry for Terror Sites. The FMP defines 5 item levels but several ranks on alienDeployment only have 4 item levels.

I've also rechecked the Terrain Pack and found issues with some .RMP files of Expanded Urban. I'm going to replace those with the next version of the Terrain Pack. Since Jstank mentioned both this terrain and Railyard as problematic and Railyard's issues have been fixed, I hope that this bug is gone.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 12:58:03 am by Hobbes »

Offline Jstank

• Colonel
  • 100% Un-Professional XCOM Lets Player
    • View Profile
    • FINAL MOD PACK LP OUT SOON NOW RECRUITING! SIGN UP TODAY!
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2015, 03:31:42 am »
Thanks Hobbes. As soon as that update posts (if it hasn't already) I will go ahead and update accordingly and test it out! ;D

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2015, 05:31:11 am »
Thanks Hobbes. As soon as that update posts (if it hasn't already) I will go ahead and update accordingly and test it out! ;D

I've posted the updated files on the new version of the Terrain Pack thread. Let me know if you have anymore of those issues. :)