Author Topic: Black exit-area  (Read 3096 times)

Offline 7Saturn

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Black exit-area
« on: March 04, 2015, 10:47:44 pm »
First the way, how I got there: I tried compiling the nightly on my system, copying the old data-folder into the new compiled one, which lead to crashing nightly. For getting a clean data-folder, I removed both, the nightly one and my usual one, replacing it with the clean one from the nightly-source-pack. Copying vanilla-files onto it, and now I see that (attachment). The area in front of the avenger or whatever craft you land with, keeps being dark. Even when you move a soldier or tank, it's not updated, keeping black even then. Reinstalling via ubuntu repository didn't change anything. Has anyone an idea of what is happening?

Offline Warboy1982

• Administrator
  • Commander
  • Developer
    • View Profile
Re: Black exit-area
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2015, 04:58:49 am »
it'll be as a result of using the old ruleset, most likely, or possibly some .map files are missing

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
  • Infiltration subroutine in progress
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2015, 07:47:12 am »
Probably the usual Linux upper/lower case issues? Check if you have DESERT00.MAP and DESERT01.MAP files on the /MAPS folder.

Offline 7Saturn

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2015, 09:12:04 am »
It turns out, it probably was the ruleset, as I just deleted any data-file, used the new files from the nightly and now it works. But I'm still after an understanding, what path I have to enter in the cmake-routine for the data-folder. The one, where the data-files already lay, or the one, they are supposed to be copied and loaded from. For the moment everything seems to check out, again. I'll see what happens, when I apply some mods to it... =)