aliens

Author Topic: XCOM THE BOARD GAME  (Read 3389 times)

Offline SIMON BAILIE

• Commander
    • View Profile
XCOM THE BOARD GAME
« on: March 06, 2015, 12:18:31 am »
Not sure if this is the right section or even the right forum but what the hell. Has anyone played the new xcom board game out recently as I just got it myself today? If so what's it like and how hard is it to get onto the digital companion that co-ordinates the AI?

Offline DoxaLogos (JG)

• Colonel
  • Squaddie cautiously peering through the breach
    • View Profile
Re: XCOM THE BOARD GAME
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2015, 02:10:53 am »
I've heard about it.  One of my lunch time boardgame group attendees has been planning to bring it the last two times, but most of us have been stuck at home due to bad weather the past two Thursdays. >:(  I don't know if he came in today with it or not, but I sure would like to play it.  I saw Tom Vasel's "The Dicetower" review  of it and thought it looked great.  Both reviewers in the video are big fans of the video game and gave a decent critique. Don't expect it to reflect the "tactical squad" combat of the video game.  It's more like a Geoscape implementation version of the game with abstracted squad missions and base defense.  Does require an tablet or smartphone to play it too.

Here's the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6stnvss1co

Offline SIMON BAILIE

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2015, 02:18:38 am »
Thanks, will give me a better idea of what's going on tho I think I'll have to use the online version of the app as my fone's a bit crappy.

Offline pilot00

• Colonel
  • Back in the day it was gameplay not a feature....
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2015, 05:16:30 pm »
The damn tablet/smarphone and the timers kill it for me. It makes the game too anxiety inducing for me.