Author Topic: [WEAPON] [ARMOR] - Chemical Thrower + Toxi-Suit  (Read 17714 times)

Mono

Re: [WEAPON] - Chemical Thrower + TOXI SUIT (check inside )
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2015, 12:21:37 am »
Exactly what I intended!
A weird but (on occasion) useful armor  ;D

Offline kikimoristan

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2015, 12:21:55 am »
also you are immune to stun and smoke and incendiary making you able to shoot any of those damage types on your unit  without fear making using chem thrower effective at close range that's why i created the armor it compliments  the weapon to make a chem tooper a unit that throws chems at everyone but is not affected.

but most useful aspect of it is mines/grenades. a regular grenades is power 60 making it like 20% death rate . poximity mines are probably same. i can't give immunity to explosives as that will make half of alien weapons useless. i could further increase HE resistance to 50% or 55%

Offline kikimoristan

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2015, 12:25:39 am »
maybe i should make this armor backwards like under most, sides /front same and im gonna make he 55% resistance

EDIT:

right now is under 36%, all other sides 26% and kept it 60% HE resistance

that should give it good protection vs explosives but not be OP.

thanks for the feedback guys
« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 12:30:17 am by tollworkout »

Offline kikimoristan

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [WEAPON] [ARMOR] - Chemical Thrower + TOXI SUIT (check inside )
« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2015, 04:08:56 am »
Thanks everyone for your helpful suggestions. With your help I can say with high certainty that this mod is now balanced for play and not too OP and  not too weak.

I have reduced damage for acid to 122
I have increases armor of Toxi-Suit to 26 all sides and 36 underneath and kept default the 60% HE and 80% acid as well as immunity to fire, smoke and stun.
I have tweaked the ufopaedia a bit as well for Toxi-Suit.
I have also reduced research time by 20% and reduced cost of manufacturing (less funds and only 3 alloys)/selling a Toxi-Suit

Thank you.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 05:44:26 am by tollworkout »

Offline kikimoristan

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2015, 06:33:03 am »
Tollworkout, please let me use this armour in the Final Mod Pack.

Actually, let's make a deal: in exchange, I made an improvement on the backpack. :) (See attachment.)

using my original sprites you can do
forcedTorso: 0 (with backpack)
forcedToso : 1 (no backpack)

you don't need to have to change both sets with backpack . you seem to have edited the backpack on both torso types . armor has two types of torso for male/female and you can force it if you want using the command above. on ion suit that was modelled on you use that feature to go from backpack to no backpack. flying suit does the same thing. i wanted to use a big fat diving suit to imitate firproof shielding on top of regular armor. a  fireprof suit which has silvery shiny reflective coveralls on top of a gasmask/breathing apparatus. the backpack is on the inside . external backpacks like that are often on rad suits or hazmat suits but mine is sorotf a mix of fireproof/hazmat with firepoof look.https://www.giordanigiancarlo.com/assets/images/prodotti/set-industria.jpg . also the little blue lighs exposed won't be good for fireproofing and will burn fast in a fire. haha but knock yourself out you're free to use this any way you wish: - )   
« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 11:22:54 am by tollworkout »