aliens

Author Topic: Geoscape: re-launching craft with less than 100% fuel?  (Read 5324 times)

Offline moriarty

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Luke's OX mod site
Geoscape: re-launching craft with less than 100% fuel?
« on: November 16, 2011, 08:42:12 pm »
seeing the new wiki list about the differences between openxcom and xcom (https://www.ufopaedia.org/index.php?title=Differences_to_X-COM_%28OpenXcom%29), I started thinking: shouldn't you be able to launch a craft that has less than 100% fuel? I remember a few situations where this could have saved lives when playing xcom.

Then again, it also served as an element of suspense and strategic planning:
- will the craft be refueled before the UFO comes closer to my base, potentially discovering it?
- should I send my Skyranger back for refueling or do I let it circle while the interceptor chases the next UFO?

what do you think?

Offline SupSuper

• Lazy Developer
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Geoscape: re-launching craft with less than 100% fuel?
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2011, 04:56:10 am »
This is one of those debatable "feature or bug" things, so we'll probably just add it as an option instead of a permanent change.

Offline moriarty

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Luke's OX mod site
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2011, 08:47:51 pm »
seems fair  :)

Offline kkmic

• Commander
  • Undefined
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2011, 09:17:33 am »
Personally, I see this as a "feature" - meaning hat should be an option for it somewhere.

Speaking of options, will there be an "advanced settings" screen the game sometimes in the future, or it will all depend on editing the config file?

Offline SupSuper

• Lazy Developer
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2011, 02:12:12 pm »
There will be a screen for the options later, it was just quicker to set up a config file first.

Offline Chiko

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2012, 09:11:00 pm »
My modded X-Com has this feature in it. In addition to make it possible to launch aircraft with less than 100% fuel, it also features a dialog box that lets you know when aircraft is ready after refuel/rearm/repairs. It also shows in which base.

To have the above feature will indeed change the way you play in geoscape but it does make sense too.