aliens

Author Topic: Funky report  (Read 2357 times)

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
Funky report
« on: February 22, 2015, 11:05:00 pm »
I have noticed recently that my monthly reports are weird. Looking at my most recent month, a few minutes to midnight at the end of the month, I have $2,307,185.

I get a monthly report with the following information:
Income: $9,245,000 (+$842,000)
Maintenance: $9,627,000
Balance: $1,083,185

Looking at this, I have losses of ~400k, so I expect to start my next month with ~2 millions. However, when I go to the geoscape, my balance is indeed ~$1 million just like the report stated. So I've had losses of ~$1.2 millions!

Doing the exact math, I found that my "extra losses" are exactly equal to the amount in parenthesis next to the income. If you reload a save and go through a month again, the amount in parenthesis changes and the income with it. However, your balance and the money you have in geoscape on the first of the month stay exactly the same.

It looks like OpenXCom does:
Income = Basic Income + Bonus
Balance = Last month's money + Basic Income - Maintenance (No Bonus!  >:()

I have attached a save and screenshots, if anyone wants to duplicate that. (I believe none of my mods affect income, so missing some should be fine). I am running the nightly: 1.0gec4a302.

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
Re: Funky report
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2015, 12:09:06 am »
After looking at the "funding" window in geoscape, the number does match the previous "income" number.

So basically:
The displayed income is actually the income you will get at the end of following month.
The "bonus" is the difference between this month's income and the income you will get next month.
Maintenance is what you are paying right now in maintenance.
Balance is how much money you have right now.

Wouldn't it make more sense to have income as how much money you are getting right now (The same as the total under funding as accessed last month). That way all the numbers would be relevant now, and the bonus shows how much more you make next month (and if you want the total for the next month, look under funding). Or at least label "income" as "next income" or something, so it does not imply that all the numbers go together.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 12:11:27 am by Arthanor »