Author Topic: custom SCANg textures which can lead to animated scan map textures :)  (Read 1860 times)

Offline kikimoristan

• Commander
    • View Profile
so i was working on this mod which borrows tiles from TFTD which has their own custom map scanner textures. OK. Finding UFO matching tiles is tedious but not that bothersome. and i was working on animated water textures and i thought to myself wouldn't be nice to see them animated on the map as well??

but back to the idea of having custom map tiles here is a possible way to do this

use a custom png with tiles that are 4 x 4 pixels and in extra sprites add a custom type

extraSprites:
  - type: Scan
    width: 44 # 11 tiles
    height: 8 # 2 tiles so 22 tiles
    subX: 4
    subY: 4
    files:
      419: Resources/custom_scan.png 

420 tile 1 , 421 tile 2 .... and thy get added to the map scan textures array

vanilla has 418 tiles so that's why it starts at 419..if you make it 0 you replace vanilla ufo map tiles .still cool!

now how to make them animated? here is another idea

extraSprites:
  - type: AnimScan # Animscan means all texture images are assigned to this one tile
    width: 8 # means 2 images are there
    height: 4
    files:
      419: Resources/animwater_scan.png  < all these images will become 419..when in MCD you pick 419 in the game  when you click map this tile will be animated on the map. this can allow custom enemy map tiles or other objects of interest for ex power source to blink or be animated as well.

- type: Scan # Scan means each image is assigned to a subsequent tile
    width: 16 # 4 images means first image is 420, next one is 421 etc
    height: 4
    files:
      420: Resources/custom_scan.png 

Also I'm perfectly aware this may not be something to focus on . Is just a suggestion : ) for me is no big deal the way things are right now is not imperative this has to be done. just a nice side feature and nothing more.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 09:33:01 pm by tollworkout »