Author Topic: Area 51 - General Feedback thread  (Read 217798 times)

Offline quikesan

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Area 51 - General Feedback thread
« Reply #1455 on: November 22, 2019, 01:44:30 pm »
This has made me consider a number of issues regarding pilots, thank you. An immediate fix would be to set their cost to be the same as soldiers, as you pointed out their differences in cost/salaries. And there are also other issues here, although I'll need to reflect a bit about this first but I'll get back later to you on this topic.

Meanwhile, there's an easy way to disable pilots, because I'd also agree that it would be an unwanted change in the middle of a game, if you're interested.

Hi

I have been trying the mod. Great work :)
About the pilots mechanic, as someone has mentioned, I'm not so sure about it. If the pilots where completely separated from soldiers (as the scientist or engineers) it would be a cool mechanic and addition to the game. But being mixed with the soldiers makes it a bit weird. In missions, you are force to either leave the pilot in the plane, then loosing 1 soldier space for fighting, or using him as a soldier and risk loosing it. Other weird thing is that, as far as I know, the accuracy stat is the  same for dogfighting and shooting a gun, which I feel it doesn't make much sense.

Is there a way to disable the pilot mechanic?

cheers!

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
  • Infiltration subroutine in progress
    • View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: November 23, 2019, 06:27:49 pm »
cheers!

Open crafts.rul (located in the mods, Area 51 folder) and change the pilot requirement to zero for each individual craft.

Offline quikesan

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: November 27, 2019, 01:35:04 am »

About the pilots, in the end I have left it and play with pilots. I like it. although it is still weird that their manage is mixed with the soldiers.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2019, 06:03:10 pm by quikesan »