Author Topic: [suggestion]Adding more stats to worn items.  (Read 2220 times)

Offline mrxian

• Colonel
    • View Profile
[suggestion]Adding more stats to worn items.
« on: February 16, 2015, 11:27:24 pm »
Would it be possible to add additional stats to items while worn in the hands (or backpacks)?

I'm thinking about armor (to create forcefields or riot shields), perhaps night vision goggles or even accuracy boosters for use with pistols.

Also, would it be possible to make an armor or item have a negative effect on the accuracy of shots at the wearer?

Thanks in advance for taking the time to read this.

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
  • Deep Ruleset Digger & Bughunter
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
Re: [suggestion]Adding more stats to worn items.
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2015, 12:30:03 am »
Would it be possible to add additional stats to items while worn in the hands (or backpacks)?

I'm thinking about armor (to create forcefields or riot shields), perhaps night vision goggles or even accuracy boosters for use with pistols.

Also, would it be possible to make an armor or item have a negative effect on the accuracy of shots at the wearer?

Thanks in advance for taking the time to read this.

You can add stats to Armor. There is a Mod out there which does that (-> Iron Man Suit)

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
Re: [suggestion]Adding more stats to worn items.
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2015, 12:43:27 am »
It is possible to use armors to change pretty much any stat on a soldier. Pretty convenient to represent cumbersome suits and advanced, advantageous suits both.

Unfortunately, there isn't an option for other items to interact with stats at this point. Presumably because of the complication between putting an item on or off, which does not happen with armors.

I'm pretty sure Piratez and the FMP both have armors that modify stats and the XAE does (in the MagShield, Scout, Power and Flying Armors).