Author Topic: [WIP][MOD][OXCE] From the Apocalypse 0.25.6  (Read 235237 times)

Offline robin

• Commander
  • ULTIMATE ROOKIE
    • View Profile
Re: [WIP][MOD] From the Apocalypse 0.1a
« Reply #120 on: March 12, 2016, 09:51:03 pm »
Hope this comes out fully fledged in the not too distant future!
I'm afraid it will come out fully fledged only in the very distant future: years. I assure you I'm the most impatient, but it just takes time to mod.

Robin, I would like to ask you if it would be possible to re-license your art for this mod under something like creative commons, chiefly because, assuming this will run with 100% original artwork in the future, this would mean OXC could be automatically bundled with something ready to be played in FLOSS linux distros that already have OXC in their repos.
i won't re-do natural terrains (desert, jungle, forest), so it won't be 100% original artwork. also i've used bits and pieces form vanilla and tftd tiles (and other stuff, like the cult armors copied from gundam), apocalypse tiles (even if re-drawn from scratch you can see it's copied from them).

Offline robin

• Commander
  • ULTIMATE ROOKIE
    • View Profile
Re: [WIP][MOD] From the Apocalypse 0.1d
« Reply #121 on: March 22, 2016, 10:01:30 pm »
Added the maps for red version ('Factory') of the industrial terrain.
Red battlescapes are simpler compared to the yellow version ('Warehouse'), which is good, the yellow battlescapes can be exacting.

Offline NebulaM78

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 23, 2016, 10:06:40 am »
As expected, there are quite a few issues, but for version 0.1, it is exceptional work. I can't wait for the first full release.

Offline robin

• Commander
  • ULTIMATE ROOKIE
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 23, 2016, 01:39:07 pm »
As expected, there are quite a few issues, but for version 0.1, it is exceptional work. I can't wait for the first full release.
If you encountered any specific issues, note them here.

Offline liberation

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 23, 2016, 04:48:58 pm »
Robin your art work is an inspiration, keep up the good work  :)

Offline new_civilian

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [WIP][MOD] From the Apocalypse 0.1e
« Reply #125 on: March 25, 2016, 04:57:14 pm »
robin, this mod is really something, the graphics look so clean and nice and well done.  wow. The cult temple/warehouse missions are hair-raisingly difficult, there are hundreds of corners, hiding places, it's basically like the alien base layout of TFTD where you have to learn completely new tactics to survive. The old Xcom 1 tactics no longer work. Really impressive work (just like most bigger mods lately, the quality level of Openxcom mods has surely increased a lot!)

Some (really minor) issues I encountered:
-"Contractctct" spelling error in one case
-energy on earöy soldiers runs out to easily when wearing the personal armor, not sure if this was just a bad range of soldiers i had or if it was a issue, though...

Anyway, really good work, I especially like the completely new feeling, this is really a TC, not a mod. Also a pleasant surprise: You stayed focused on a certain number/selection of weapons and did not add too many stuff just because you can.

Offline robin

• Commander
  • ULTIMATE ROOKIE
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 25, 2016, 05:34:50 pm »
robin, this mod is really something, the graphics look so clean and nice and well done.  wow. The cult temple/warehouse missions are hair-raisingly difficult, there are hundreds of corners, hiding places, it's basically like the alien base layout of TFTD where you have to learn completely new tactics to survive. The old Xcom 1 tactics no longer work. Really impressive work (just like most bigger mods lately, the quality level of Openxcom mods has surely increased a lot!)

Some (really minor) issues I encountered:
-"Contractctct" spelling error in one case
-energy on earöy soldiers runs out to easily when wearing the personal armor, not sure if this was just a bad range of soldiers i had or if it was a issue, though...

Anyway, really good work, I especially like the completely new feeling, this is really a TC, not a mod. Also a pleasant surprise: You stayed focused on a certain number/selection of weapons and did not add too many stuff just because you can.

thanks.
spelling error will be fixed.
the personal armor does not modify the energy (power suit does), but it has --all the armors do-- weight (iirc 8 for personal); so you can more easily overencumber your soldiers.

Offline robin

• Commander
  • ULTIMATE ROOKIE
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 30, 2016, 12:48:13 am »
well the alien flora looks really good, i'm super happy.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2016, 12:53:24 am by robin »

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 30, 2016, 02:00:06 am »
This is looking grand! Nice work there! And all with the UFO palette? it's amazing what some here can do compared to what the original had!

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #129 on: March 30, 2016, 02:09:52 am »
This is looking grand! Nice work there! And all with the UFO palette? it's amazing what some here can do compared to what the original had!

Robin is just scary with this stuff, man.  I love his work!

Offline Xeno Wiper

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 30, 2016, 05:43:57 am »
thanks.
spelling error will be fixed.
the personal armor does not modify the energy (power suit does), but it has --all the armors do-- weight (iirc 8 for personal); so you can more easily overencumber your soldiers.

Thought I would see Megapol/Marsec/Disruptor stuff... but at least the apoc armor logic is the same.
Always pleasant to see the wonders you've been doing with the UFO palette. The flora....... :o

Speaking of armor weight, are hybrids/androids in it?
« Last Edit: April 02, 2016, 01:31:10 am by Xeno Wiper »

Offline new_civilian

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 31, 2016, 12:02:57 pm »
I just realized that the Piratez mod has some cool looking Police units, they would look good as Megapol units.

Offline robin

• Commander
  • ULTIMATE ROOKIE
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 01, 2016, 11:48:27 am »
I just realized that the Piratez mod has some cool looking Police units, they would look good as Megapol units.
i was going to make them myself. i already have a cool police bot.
problem is civilian units don't attack, so it doesn't make sense to add them.

Offline Xeno Wiper

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 02, 2016, 01:30:41 am »
i was going to make them myself. i already have a cool police bot.
problem is civilian units don't attack, so it doesn't make sense to add them.

You could turn them into alien allies....when you upset some org.

Idk if you'll implement some orgs structure though.

Offline robin

• Commander
  • ULTIMATE ROOKIE
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 03, 2016, 12:33:54 am »
the door looks a little silly.