Author Topic: Hide UI in Battlescape?  (Read 2861 times)

Offline Alien82

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Hide UI in Battlescape?
« on: January 26, 2015, 11:38:32 am »
Hi,

is there a way to hide the whole UI in Battlescape? If yes, is it possible to bind "hide/unhide UI" to a hotkey?

I want to take screenshots and record videos of the battlescape without the UI (red box, yellow arrow above selected soldier, etc.)

Thank you!

BTW: Thanks for all your efforts creating this great program and I`m looking foward to see OpenTFTD in action!

Offline volutar

• Colonel
  • Vanilla digger & Quality assistant
    • View Profile
Re: Hide UI in Battlescape?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2015, 06:31:34 pm »
There's no such functionality. And not planned.
Hide-unhide shortcut key is highly unnecessary, what for? Just for screenshots? Hell no!
But it could be sometimes useful in "dynamic" form, popping when mouse is over this panel, and sliding down when it's out of it. In some modern-like form.

Offline Alien82

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Re: Hide UI in Battlescape?
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2015, 07:29:12 pm »
Thank you for your reply.

Hide-unhide shortcut key is highly unnecessary, what for?

I would like to make some small x-com "movies". Telling short x-com themed stories through captured ingame-scenes. :) I am working as CGI-Artist for German TV; mainly 3D-Animation with Maya etc.

Thanks to OpenXcom this movies could now be in glorious 1080p HD ;) 

My understanding was that battlescape graphics and ui graphics are on a different "layer", I thought it should be easy to switch off the ui...

But it could be sometimes useful in "dynamic" form, popping when mouse is over this panel, and sliding down when it's out of it. In some modern-like form.

Yes, or something like a "minimal HUD/UI", most of the buttons are not needed when using OpenXcom shortcuts... but to be honest: the "old" ui is great, functional and beautiful to look at. :) But maybe I just got used to it after playing X-Com for 20 years ;)