Author Topic: UFOExtender-esque or original?  (Read 5682 times)

Offline bubblecannon

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
UFOExtender-esque or original?
« on: October 16, 2011, 07:57:26 am »
I'm looking at working on a few changes to support some of the features in UFOExtender - however on reflection, I wondered if this was the project intent?  or is the intention to be 100% original?
(as you guys know, ignoring bug/tactics fixes, UFO extender also came with a bunch of just useful UI enchancements)

Happy to disregard doing this, but just wanted to ensure this wasn't against the philosophy of openxcom (I'm not interested in making a UFO extender esque fork)

cheers
bubble

Online SupSuper

• Lazy Developer
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: UFOExtender-esque or original?
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2011, 05:43:25 pm »
It's fine.

Offline moriarty

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Luke's OX mod site
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2011, 04:50:25 pm »
including UFOExtender-like stuff would be really nice.

oh, and just like it was in UFOExtender: simply make it so that it can be turned on and off (for now, probably best to do that with an external "ini"-file, later maybe in an option screen?)

EDIT: https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,302.0.html  :) :)
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 04:52:19 pm by moriarty »

Offline bubblecannon

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2011, 12:24:54 am »
I'm working on a bunch of UI enhancements from UFOExtender only.  Anything that is a playstyle change I'm leaving to the rulesets that Super is working on.  It may even end that the rulesets do UI stuff too - not sure.

But most of the UI stuff is pretty easy to do, so if it turns out to be a non-event it's not much effort down the tubes (and is giving me an understanding of the codebase).