aliens

Author Topic: Should I restart?  (Read 2751 times)

Offline TryHittingSomething

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Should I restart?
« on: February 17, 2015, 12:09:31 am »
Started a game in easiest difficulty with the latest nightly. About 15 days passed with no UFO detections, then there was a terror mission, I land, there's many Reapers and Floaters, I think I have killed most of the enemies but I lost two Xcom operatives and about 4-5 innocents. Made a savegame there.

Should I just restart the game? Also, is it worth it to kneel at the end of the turn?

Offline Warboy1982

• Administrator
  • Commander
  • Developer
    • View Profile
Re: Should I restart?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2015, 12:24:35 am »
how "latest" are we talking? there was a small bug with month one mission generation for a while there

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
  • Infiltration subroutine in progress
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2015, 01:54:43 am »
Started a game in easiest difficulty with the latest nightly. About 15 days passed with no UFO detections, then there was a terror mission, I land, there's many Reapers and Floaters, I think I have killed most of the enemies but I lost two Xcom operatives and about 4-5 innocents. Made a savegame there.

Should I just restart the game? Also, is it worth it to kneel at the end of the turn?

Might be a bug but I've had plenty of first months like those. Be glad you got Floaters instead of Sectoids for your first Terror mission ;)

Offline KORfan

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
    • KORfan's photos
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2015, 02:24:34 am »
I wouldn't restart.  Losing only two troopers on the first terror mission is pretty good.

Oh, when you get done with the mission, check your graphs and look at Alien activity by area.  I suspect the total isn't 0.  The aliens are active, they're just active outside of your detection radius.