aliens

Author Topic: [RESEARCH] Research Alive Aliens - v1.54 Final - Translators needed  (Read 47687 times)

Offline SIMON BAILIE

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [RESEARCH][WIP] Research Alive Aliens Mod. (Alternate Research Tree.)
« Reply #45 on: March 01, 2015, 11:57:22 pm »
Is it going to be more accurate than either of the rocket launcher tanks. I suppose giving it an auto shot wud make it op.

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
  • Deep Ruleset Digger & Bughunter
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
« Reply #46 on: March 02, 2015, 12:05:46 am »
Is it going to be more accurate than either of the rocket launcher tanks. I suppose giving it an auto shot wud make it op.

Well you can give it a try yourself -> see attached ruleset file.
I will put him into Research Alive Aliens but first i need to balance it, because it seems overpowered as it is now.

Edit: Removed attachment since it is now in Version 1.3.3 :)
« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 10:05:22 pm by hellrazor »

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
« Reply #47 on: March 02, 2015, 10:04:05 pm »
Released Version 1.3.3!

Changes:

- Added Hovertank/Elerium Bomb (probably needs Balancing, we will see)
- Added Taser Pistol from Ryskeliini #See: https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,1598.msg14729.html#msg14729
- Changed Colors in Research Tree Graphic for better readability

- Renamed all Files in Resources into a more stringent naming System you need to delete Resources/Research_Alive_Aliens and then install new Version!!!!!!

Also Turn of Hovertank_EBomb.rul it is included now. (May Conflict)

New Version attached here:
https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,3260.msg37294.html#msg37294
« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 10:12:10 pm by hellrazor »

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
« Reply #48 on: March 03, 2015, 12:53:25 pm »
Released Version 1.3.4:

- updated ruleset to newest changes in Mission and Alien Deployment changes.

So use the newest nightly for this! Or stick with 1.3.3 and the older nightly :)

New Version attached here: https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,3260.msg37294.html#msg37294

Offline SIMON BAILIE

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 03, 2015, 05:32:04 pm »
Really enjoying my current game tho I'm still using v1.3.2 as I put the hovertank ebomb on as a seperate ruleset and don't want the message of "missing stuff" deleted when I load my current game if I updated to v1.3.3 or v1.3.4. To balance the tank a bit I increased its aimed shot to 125% but tu usage to 75%. One other thing I assume I'm right on, u wud need to do at least 2 alien bases to complete the game as on the first one u won't have an alien containment built so the floater commander wud die. Btw the 1st alien base showed up in China in May and it is a floater base. Not too much of a surprise as even tho I shot both battleships down an alien infiltration mission in April wud have been successful in SE Asia. Keep up the good work and I look forward to any future updates.

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
« Reply #50 on: March 03, 2015, 09:28:20 pm »
Really enjoying my current game tho I'm still using v1.3.2 as I put the hovertank ebomb on as a seperate ruleset and don't want the message of "missing stuff" deleted when I load my current game if I updated to v1.3.3 or v1.3.4. To balance the tank a bit I increased its aimed shot to 125% but tu usage to 75%. One other thing I assume I'm right on, u wud need to do at least 2 alien bases to complete the game as on the first one u won't have an alien containment built so the floater commander wud die. Btw the 1st alien base showed up in China in May and it is a floater base. Not too much of a surprise as even tho I shot both battleships down an alien infiltration mission in April wud have been successful in SE Asia. Keep up the good work and I look forward to any future updates.

Well you could just deactivate the mod in Mod options, but anyway.
In my current more advanced testplay i was just able to roll out the tank and useing it in the field (just had his first mission) i got a little bit unlucky and was only able to unlock the Small Launcher 1 Month back, it essentially replaces the normal Rocket Launcher now, and my dudes can carry more ammo.

I have a second testrun in which is just defeated the alien base (30 Floaters and 12 Reaper....) and i am now gonne test the Taser Pistol i included in the field i guess i play change her stats around a little bit, since atm moment it is identical to the normal Pistol in tu usage and accuracy.

I will see if i change the accuracy of the tank around after i fieldtested it :)

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
« Reply #51 on: March 06, 2015, 03:57:13 pm »
Put this mod on the Mod portal:
https://www.openxcom.com/mod/research-alive-aliens-hardmode

Any further Releases will go there.

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
« Reply #52 on: March 06, 2015, 04:29:04 pm »
Found a bug which prevented manufacture topic for Lightning/Thunder to appear.
Version 1.3.4 on the Mod Portal is fixed.
Also Fixed Version here in the attachments.

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
« Reply #53 on: March 08, 2015, 10:38:42 pm »
Welcome Folks!

Released Version 1.4
Changes:
Included modified Terrainpack ruleset from Hobbes Terrainpack (Port Attack Loadouts in Aliendeployment)

Fixed a bug which caused the game to crash when selecting the UFOpeadia entry for Small Launcher or Elerium Bomb directly.
Players who already had deployed the Hovertank/Elerium Bomb by ADVISED!

Please end your battlescape mission before you update and save in geoscape,
then edit your savegame file and add into the list of discovered research the following entry:
  - STR_HWP_EBOMB_LAUNCHER
behind the entry of:
  - STR_ELERIUM_BOMB
If you have not researched the Small Launcher or the Hovertanks so far you can play on without any trouble. :)

Minor adjustments to Alloy Tanks Alien Alloy Cost (they cost now 15 Alien Alloys instead of 10)
REATLIATOR Alien Alloy Cost also increased from 25 to 35 (you do not need a UFO Navigation)
Adjusted values for the Taser Pistol (smaller Clipsize, more expensive Snap Shot and Aimed shot)
Also changed Hovertank/Elerium Bomb Snaped Shot and Aimed shot to:
    accuracySnap: 90
    accuracyAimed: 120
    tuSnap: 40
    tuAimed: 75

And soon also on the Mod Portal.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 10:41:25 pm by hellrazor »

Offline SIMON BAILIE

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 08, 2015, 11:22:37 pm »
Will update after current mission. Can u advise me on this point, am I missing something research wise as Psi Lab has not been released yet (see attachments). I have done all 3 Psi Lab unlocks and I think everything else, the only thing I can think of is as u'll see in the .doc attachment the Psi Lab unlocks r not in 1,2,3 order, wud this matter? Shud I put them in my current save in that order? Thanks on this one.

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
« Reply #55 on: March 08, 2015, 11:55:00 pm »
Will update after current mission. Can u advise me on this point, am I missing something research wise as Psi Lab has not been released yet (see attachments). I have done all 3 Psi Lab unlocks and I think everything else, the only thing I can think of is as u'll see in the .doc attachment the Psi Lab unlocks r not in 1,2,3 order, wud this matter? Shud I put them in my current save in that order? Thanks on this one.

To get the Psi Lab you need to Interrogate: Alien Engineer, Alien Medic and a Psionic Alien (Sectoid Leader or any Ethereal). You also need to research the other stuff (Alien Entertainment, Alien Surgery, Alien Examination Room.
I will see into your files and then report back.

Edit: Just looked through your files and somehow, you got the STR_PSI_LAB_UNLOCK_2 before having researched the Alien Surgery. Which is pretty weird, because this should not happen. Because these unlocks should not happen before you had researched the Alien Surgery.
So i removed the STR_PSI_LAB_UNLOCK_2 from your file, please research an new Engineer to get it again and then tell me if it pops up if not i have a Suspicion what might be wrong.

Edit: My Error not yours.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 02:56:04 am by hellrazor »

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
« Reply #56 on: March 09, 2015, 02:50:02 am »
Ok SIMON. I found the error.
Somehow i had a requires on the STR_PSI_LAB research projekt which should have been a dependency.

New Version 1.4.1 released:
Fixed Bug which prevented Psi Lab to get unlocked.

And on the Mod Portal:
https://www.openxcom.com/mod/research-alive-aliens-hardmode
« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 03:14:45 am by hellrazor »

Offline kikimoristan

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 10, 2015, 02:55:46 am »
does this support gazer or cover alien?

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
« Reply #58 on: March 10, 2015, 04:44:57 am »
does this support gazer or cover alien?

Not at the moment. But i have already thought about to add support for those, but haven't come up with a suitable solution so far.
At the moment i am more about fixing bugs and balancing.
Hopefully there aren't any more of those left.

The next step would be to make a probably 3 stage cydonia mission, but i have to redesign maptiles for the expanded ubase first (haven't had the time so far).
« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 04:53:01 am by hellrazor »

Offline kikimoristan

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 10, 2015, 12:01:40 pm »
you can make a special rulset compatibility patch that uses STR from your mod and STR from cover alien/gazer mods . the game will combine them if all those strings exist at load time. im pretty sure ive seen it happen with mib overriding or using ammo from a different mod simply by calling the same string name.   

but either way is good to know so i don't use those mods i was gonna try it out .