aliens

Author Topic: The PSX version had cutscenes, apparently.....  (Read 13802 times)

Offline sylandro

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: The PSX version had cutscenes, apparently.....
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2017, 11:33:41 pm »
Hi,

I am aware of the mod portal issue, but uploading a large file there sometimes takes hours so I don't want to go through that again, instead I uploaded a link to mediafire and posted it on the mod description. Here are the links in case you don't want to go back there.

@SupSuper
If the devs are reading this, I also made a PR to support the "mission aborted" cutscenes: https://github.com/SupSuper/OpenXcom/pull/1154 if you're unfamiliar with the PSX version the PR may seem pointless, but it's necessary to support this (btw: that build error has nothing to do with the code - it's some timeout one of the jobs had downloading a dependency).

If it ever gets merged I'll update the mod with the missing cutscene.

EDIT: Ok. I've just realized the mediafire links were taken down, I couldn't notice it because I was logged in to my account. I can't upload them as an attachment because of the file size. I'll keep retrying on the mod portal then, and update this when it works.

EDIT2: That was quick. It's working now: http://www.openxcom.com/mod/ufo-defense-psx-cinematics

EDIT3: The PR was merged, so I've uploaded version 1.1 that plays the abort cutscenes!

EDIT4:

I'm going to use this opportunity to document how to make cutscenes for the nightly.

• You need to extract the audio from your movie into a separate file (for example, an .avi into an .ogg). You can do this with a multitude of video converters, like ffmpeg.
  • Use RAD Video Tools to convert the video file into a FLC file, by going into the "Convert a file" option. Set the frame rate to 70. I also recommend that the target video dimensions are 320x200.
  • Open the FLC file with a hex editor (HxD is a good choice) and change the byte at offset 0x04 (should have 0x12) to 0x11, and the byte at offset 0x10 to 0x01. There is more information about what each chunk means here, see the "Flic Header" part.
  • Finally, create your ruleset with your new files! Details are in the wiki except how to set an audio track. Here's an example:
    Spoiler:
    musics:
      - type: 2CYDON_7
    cutscenes:
      - type: cydonia
        videos:
          - Resources/ANIMS/2CYDON_7.FLC
        audioTracks:
          - 2CYDON_7
    alienDeployments:
      - type: STR_MARS_CYDONIA_LANDING
        briefing:
          cutscene: cydonia
« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 04:36:20 pm by sylandro »

Offline Oladele.Itsifanus

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2017, 09:17:09 am »
Great, it's working again :)

Offline Warboy1982

• Administrator
  • Commander
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2017, 10:43:24 pm »
i've taken the liberty of attaching the file to your post, just in case.

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2017, 01:52:20 pm »
thank you man, that information is gold, especially the hex editing part and 70 fps , cinematics i created were crushing the game and running like hell

EDIT4:

I'm going to use this opportunity to document how to make cutscenes for the nightly.

• You need to extract the audio from your movie into a separate file (for example, an .avi into an .ogg). You can do this with a multitude of video converters, like ffmpeg.
  • Use RAD Video Tools to convert the video file into a FLC file, by going into the "Convert a file" option. Set the frame rate to 70. I also recommend that the target video dimensions are 320x200.
  • Open the FLC file with a hex editor (HxD is a good choice) and change the byte at offset 0x04 (should have 0x12) to 0x11, and the byte at offset 0x10 to 0x01. There is more information about what each chunk means here, see the "Flic Header" part.
  • Finally, create your ruleset with your new files! Details are in the wiki except how to set an audio track. Here's an

well now the results are great ! so important info right there

Also i cannot get to convert on bink video (unsuported file format dunno why) , so i used videomach that also converts to flc (got to choose 8-bit color or color gets distorted)

[/list]