Author Topic: StatStrings  (Read 2763 times)

Offline BlackLibrary

• Colonel
    • View Profile
StatStrings
« on: December 19, 2014, 12:21:17 am »
StatStrings should just modify the name of a purchased soldier.  Thats it.  Should not superimpose over a name on just certain screens.  I use statstrings during recruiting, but after that...he's Jacob StrongArms, Jake Tesla, or Rookie.  His name is mine after that.

Thoughts? 

Offline Falko

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: StatStrings
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2014, 12:34:30 am »
statstrings change with the soldier
so you see you have a new sharpshooter/heavy lifter/psi master in your ranks without going through the statscreen every two weeks

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2014, 12:54:49 am »
As Statstrings are currently implemented, having it only for recruiting isn't very practicable.  You could use the options menu to turn it on after you recruit a soldier, then reload the save.  Make whatever name changes you desire, save, and turn it off again.

I think the majority of players either enjoy it on or off, but don't want it for only recruitment.

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2014, 01:22:06 am »
In fact, I wouldn't mind having statstrings displayed all the time a soldier's name is. In the psi-training screen, for example, where I prefer to pick my high reaction soldiers for screening (high reaction + high psi-strength is the most valuable combination, everything else is easy to train), but for some reason it's not there.