aliens

Author Topic: does aliens will come closer if to soldier if outside maxRange of weapon  (Read 2416 times)

Offline bladum

• Colonel
  • Bladum
    • View Profile
Simple question

Those variables controls effective range and accuracy of weapon. This is obvious how it works.

Code: [Select]
maxRange
aimRange
snapRange
autoRange
minRange
dropoff

But i would like to know does it in any way impacts alien behavior ? I mean if i put for pistol maxRange of 10 alien will never shoot it outside range neither it will try to come closer to be inside range. If maxRange is 200 then it will still try to shoot even when snapRange is set to 5, dropoff to 10 making the effective chance to hit below zero. Does this is effected by Sneak AI somehow ?

PS: I found that this works ok for melee weapon, alien tries to come closer to hit soldier with range of 1 tile.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Re: does aliens will come closer if to soldier if outside maxRange of weapon
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2016, 08:16:58 pm »
Yes, it works for melee. But no, it doesn't work for shooting weapons. From my (and Dioxine's) observation, if an enemy has such a weapon, they will not act but sort of "go into overwatch" - wait for the player to approach them. And if they get a reaction shot, they don't shoot but your movement is interrupted anyway.