Author Topic: Base defence mission and HWPs spawning, how does it work?  (Read 2960 times)

Offline robin

• Commander
  • ULTIMATE ROOKIE
    • View Profile
Base defence mission and HWPs spawning, how does it work?
« on: December 01, 2014, 12:11:40 pm »
In map nodes I can set the "Rank" property to tell what kind of unit to spawn. For example AFAIK if I set "6:Misc1" or "8:Misc2" terror units will be spawned there.
Do my HWPs on base defense mission use a particular node ("0:Civ-Scout" perhaps?) ? I looked at the spawn nodes at least way HWPs seems to know how to spawn in places where they won't be trapped (like upper floors spawn nodes).

I'd need to spawn HWPs specifically, so I can completely remove the base aerial defense phase (removing all the defense facilities from the game) and replace all that with "sentry HWPs", with very limited (or none at all, if I can spawn them very effectively in specific places, like access lift or hangars) movement capabilities.

Also I have another little question : why the hangar is made by 4 different 10x10 maps, instead of just a big 20x20 map? Is there a reason for this peculiarity?

Thanks
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 02:14:10 pm by robin »

Offline Warboy1982

• Administrator
  • Commander
  • Developer
    • View Profile
Re: Base defence mission and HWPs spawning, how does it work?
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2014, 08:43:19 am »
In map nodes I can set the "Rank" property to tell what kind of unit to spawn. For example AFAIK if I set "6:Misc1" or "8:Misc2" terror units will be spawned there.
Do my HWPs on base defense mission use a particular node ("0:Civ-Scout" perhaps?) ? I looked at the spawn nodes at least way HWPs seems to know how to spawn in places where they won't be trapped (like upper floors spawn nodes).

No. They use rank 1 (xcom) nodes, but they respect the "type" so you need to set it for LARGE or FLYING LARGE.
note: this will NOT stop small units spawning there, as it means it is valid for either.
(ie: you can't make a "tanks only" node)

I'd need to spawn HWPs specifically, so I can completely remove the base aerial defense phase (removing all the defense facilities from the game) and replace all that with "sentry HWPs", with very limited (or none at all, if I can spawn them very effectively in specific places, like access lift or hangars) movement capabilities.

Not really possible without extensive modifications to the engine.

Also I have another little question : why the hangar is made by 4 different 10x10 maps, instead of just a big 20x20 map? Is there a reason for this peculiarity?

Because Julian said.

Offline robin

• Commander
  • ULTIMATE ROOKIE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2014, 11:50:02 am »
No. They use rank 1 (xcom) nodes, but they respect the "type" so you need to set it for LARGE or FLYING LARGE.
note: this will NOT stop small units spawning there, as it means it is valid for either.
(ie: you can't make a "tanks only" node)

Not really possible without extensive modifications to the engine.

Because Julian said.

Thanks.
(But then how is the "vehicles" limit for the craft enforced? The engine seems to "recognize" HWPs from soldiers in that circumstance. Just curiosity).
« Last Edit: December 02, 2014, 11:52:12 am by robin »

Offline Warboy1982

• Administrator
  • Commander
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2014, 12:56:52 pm »
the engine can tell the difference between an item and a soldier.