aliens

Author Topic: Necroscope86 is now lets playing OpenXcom!!!  (Read 11426 times)

Offline NoelBuddy

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Necroscope86 is now lets playing OpenXcom!!!
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2014, 08:03:25 pm »
He uses straight dosbox, even when playing stuff like Doom.

I can totally sympathize with this choice for Doom, I'm open to suggestions but every port version of Doom I've tried tries to make it more 3d and I has failed to recreate the two and a half dimensions of pure awesome that was the original. Doomsday is the best I've tried, and the fact that the levels don't feel like they are the same size as they used to be is accentuated when you get above demons and see that they are paper thin.

Offline Hythlodaeus

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2014, 09:06:29 pm »
I can totally sympathize with this choice for Doom, I'm open to suggestions but every port version of Doom I've tried tries to make it more 3d and I has failed to recreate the two and a half dimensions of pure awesome that was the original. Doomsday is the best I've tried, and the fact that the levels don't feel like they are the same size as they used to be is accentuated when you get above demons and see that they are paper thin.
That is why you also have Chocolate Doom, which is as pure as DOS Doom itself.

Offline NoelBuddy

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2014, 09:20:22 pm »
 :D Will try!

Offline SaintChozor

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2014, 12:16:34 am »
Necroscope's original Xcom LP was the first time I saw someone playing with any sort of skill. I later learned that saving every other turn, sacking recruits with bravery below 60, taking on terror missions with teams of four and stepping out around corners blindly was considered bad practice. My game improved shortly after.

Props to Necro, he's a nice guy with an equally nice voice, but he's not too great at this here thing.

Offline Jstank

• Colonel
  • 100% Un-Professional XCOM Lets Player
    • View Profile
    • FINAL MOD PACK LP OUT SOON NOW RECRUITING! SIGN UP TODAY!
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2014, 10:52:16 am »
My favorite Kikoskia XCOM moment was when he was about to lose TFTD trudging through this aptly named trawler mission, and you can tell he hates everything about trawlers to the core, but the he has more class in his little pinky than I will ever dream of in my whole life time. The man never lost his cool.. But you could tell... Oh you could tell...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Io1pM1XRjfs&index=46&list=PL6DEA5094E8C75A82
« Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 05:18:43 pm by Jstank »

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2014, 01:03:17 pm »
Yeah, Kiko is a legend. He's also the reason I started LPs of my own, I really wish he would do OXC LP some day...