aliens

Author Topic: VIPER ASSAULT CANNON  (Read 3239 times)

Offline SIMON BAILIE

• Commander
    • View Profile
VIPER ASSAULT CANNON
« on: November 14, 2014, 02:19:51 pm »
With regards to the above mentioned mod, I'm currently having problems with it that I never had before. The game crashes when my troop fires this weapon in the battlescape. I don't know if this this is a conflict with another mod I've got running or what? Would have sent this post direct to the author "Laika Muunen" but there's no option there to attach files. I'm at the stage in my current game where I thought this weapon could replace the auto cannons I'm using as they're not cutting it with Waspites or more especially Mechtoids. Any advice would be helpful. I also use the Jones software generic mod enabler so I don't tweak the original files.

Offline HelmetHair

• Colonel
  • He who laughs last thinks fastest.
    • View Profile
Re: VIPER ASSAULT CANNON
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2014, 04:08:20 pm »
Are you using the latest nightly or 1.0?

-HH

Offline XOps

• Colonel
  • Guy who drowns first
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2014, 04:56:47 pm »
It's probably the hit animation issue again. Try the attached ruleset and see if it works.

I think this is the issue.
Set hitAnimation to 0 for STR_HWP_CANNON_SHELLS. One of the nightlies has updated the explosion animation to account for land/underwater explosions. When you set a weapon to damageType: 3 (explosives), it loads the hit animation from the X1.pck rather than SMOKE.PCK for most other weapons. However there is no frame 26 defined so it crashes.

Offline SIMON BAILIE

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2014, 01:46:34 am »
Thanks very much for the ammended .rul file, cannon's working again. Bring the aliens on! Atm I'm using the latest nightly 10-27-2014.

niculinux

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2016, 12:02:54 am »
Main thread here so please keep posting in the proper one to keep track of progress. :)

Edit: typo
« Last Edit: August 07, 2016, 12:42:19 am by niculinux »