Author Topic: Are stat caps moddable?  (Read 5411 times)

Offline endersblade

• Captain
    • View Profile
Are stat caps moddable?
« on: November 14, 2014, 07:04:49 am »
I was reading over the stat caps on the UFOpaedia, and was wondering, is it possible to raise or lower the stat caps?

Also, what about ranks?  Are we able to change how many of each rank we're allowed to have per game?  The reason I ask is, I run several bases with squads in them, about 20 soldiers per base.  I'd optimally like to have one Commander per base, as well as the other ranks, so each base basically has its own chain of command.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 07:07:13 am by endersblade »

Offline Warboy1982

• Administrator
  • Commander
  • Developer
    • View Profile
Re: Are stat caps moddable?
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2014, 07:57:12 am »
yes.

no.

Offline TaxxiDriver

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2014, 08:16:51 am »
Stat caps are very easy to modify. Look for the 'soldiers' section of the xcom1 ruleset.

Offline yrizoud

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2014, 12:15:39 pm »
Commander is a unique title, the idea is that it represents the (military) head of the entire organization. You can have 1 colonel for every 23 soldiers though. So you can round up your groups to 23 per base, except in one base where you put less soldiers, and have the commander in this one.

Offline TaxxiDriver

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2014, 12:46:36 pm »
It's a bit out of the topic, but the funny thing is that you can sell (fire) the commander IIRC :D That's fun.

Offline endersblade

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2014, 08:34:24 pm »
Commander is a unique title, the idea is that it represents the (military) head of the entire organization. You can have 1 colonel for every 23 soldiers though. So you can round up your groups to 23 per base, except in one base where you put less soldiers, and have the commander in this one.

Ah.  Then looks like I'll be hiring more soldiers :-)  Thanks for the help guys.  I can't believe I missed the stats part in the rules file, I coulda sworn I went over that whole thing >.>

Offline yrizoud

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2014, 01:18:12 am »
Note that the site https://www.ufopaedia.org/ has a lot of info, like what causes reaction fire and what doesn't, how officers reduce morale loss, etc.
It's not guaranteed to be right 100% time, but it's a handy reference.

Offline TaxxiDriver

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2014, 02:00:49 am »
Note that the site https://www.ufopaedia.org/ has a lot of info, like what causes reaction fire and what doesn't, how officers reduce morale loss, etc.
It's not guaranteed to be right 100% time, but it's a handy reference.

Indeed, there are tons of useful informations there 8) For the ruleset, check also https://www.ufopaedia.org/index.php?title=Ruleset_Reference_%28OpenXcom%29.

Offline endersblade

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2014, 09:33:06 am »
Like I said in the first post, I've been using the UFOpaedia extensively :-)  I have spent probably a little TOO much time reading through all that lol.  So much info I never really knew about this game!  It's like learning all over again!  I've just sort of been blindly stumbling through it though.  I'm not entirely sure how to find specifics, I just click on links I haven't been to yet lol.