aliens

Author Topic: traits for aliens  (Read 3655 times)

Offline bladum

• Colonel
  • Bladum
    • View Profile
traits for aliens
« on: November 13, 2014, 12:52:00 am »
just like in the topic, make a random roll for alien stat but then pick one trait randomly like extra strong or extra fast. Similar solution is implemented in Battle of Wesnoth

source https://www.wesnoth.org/manual/stable/manual.en.html#traits

i know this is outside of vanilla but could be cool for modders

Tom

Offline HelmetHair

• Colonel
  • He who laughs last thinks fastest.
    • View Profile
Re: traits for aliens
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2014, 04:29:25 am »
Aren't most of the Aliens basically bred to their genetic maximum before being augmented ?

-HH

Offline Firestorm

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2014, 09:06:35 pm »
Aren't most of the Aliens basically bred to their genetic maximum before being augmented ?

Some things may also be mutually exclusive.  Is it possible for a strongman competitor to also be as flexible as a gymnast? Seriously, I'm asking, because I don't know. 

But the aliens' genetic and cybernetic augmentation also mean that they're highly adaptable.  I've always dreamed of the aliens (AND their equipment, UFO's, etc) being randomly generated.  Maybe they counter your increased use of plasma to higher resistances to it and new, different weapon types.  It would really make autopsies useful again to anyone who's played the game before and now only does them for the points when there's no longer any useful technology to unlock, plus keeping a pool of scientists necessary past the first quarter or two.

Offline Danny

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2014, 09:05:35 pm »
They aren't the Borg... XD

Offline bladum

• Colonel
  • Bladum
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2014, 09:44:08 pm »