Author Topic: adding new tech tiers?  (Read 2839 times)

Offline endersblade

• Captain
    • View Profile
adding new tech tiers?
« on: November 10, 2014, 12:43:42 am »
How 'hard' is it to add new tiers of tech? Say, new weapons after plasma? I have gotten a feel for the coding and whatnot, but I was curious how MUCH coding this was going to require.

I know there are mods out there that probably do this and more. I just want to take a stab at it myself.

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
Re: adding new tech tiers?
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2014, 01:28:54 am »
It's easier to add weapons for XCom, but adding them for aliens is entirely doable, especially if they are not race dependent.

I suggest you take a look at the Alien Armoury Expanded, which changes the distribution of alien weapons, as a good introduction to adding new weapon tiers. It is limited in scope but does everything that needs to be done too, which makes it a great place to start.

Offline endersblade

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2014, 03:36:33 am »
Yeah, I had planned on using that one as a source of info when I try this :-) really eager to make the game have purpose beyond the first 10 months or so. A "long war" mod, so to speak.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2014, 02:48:48 pm »
Yeah, I had planned on using that one as a source of info when I try this :-) really eager to make the game have purpose beyond the first 10 months or so. A "long war" mod, so to speak.

Good, good! Make sure to share your ideas. XD