aliens

Author Topic: [Total Conversion][WIP] oXc - War of Shadows v0.92  (Read 70928 times)

Offline tkzv

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [Total Conversion][WIP] oXc - War of Shadows
« Reply #90 on: December 22, 2017, 01:18:02 am »
Then you are welcome to give suggestions on 3D modelling here: https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,5215.msg90768.html#msg90768 I'm not a fan of clockwork gears and went with rectangular pipes and cylindrical casings.

Offline Yataka Shimaoka

• Colonel
  • I'm the trouble maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 22, 2017, 07:22:16 am »
Hello! May I have a request for Christmas Mr. Jackstraw? Can you please repair the mod? I'm unable to play it since there is a ruleset problem which I can't fix. Can this be done?

Offline jackstraw2323

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 22, 2017, 03:43:51 pm »
Yataka Shimaoka, I'm going to be traveling away from my computer for Christmas unfortunately, but I have been thinking about picking this back up to do some work. Can you tell me what your ruleset problem is if you know? Is it failing to load, crashing the game, etc? That would help me troubleshoot the issue. I think maybe crash errors now refer to the offending file and line of code. If it's something straightforward I can maybe do it before I leave (unlikely unless it's something super simple), otherwise it's probably January before I could take a look. I'm moving houses in January so may not have much time then either unfortunately. What version of OpenXCom are you using? I was developing on the nightly ages ago, I'd have to look at home to see what version I have. If anyone wants to help out finishing this mod I've always been hoping someone would take an interest.

Bugs I know of of the top of my head:
  • Maps - Some maps generate errors if the xcom vehicle is too large to get placed. Mostly this was with the Mantis and the Arctic maps as the large bodies of water were conflicting. If someone who understood maps a bit could help out it would be greatly appreciated
  • Maps/ufos/vehicles - pretty sure I've got some holes in walls, and some of my alien routes could probably be improved.

Online Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #93 on: December 22, 2017, 04:55:12 pm »
It's exciting to see you picking this up (potentially). I haven't played your mod yet, but your resources are great.
If you are looking for resources, please ask - there is good chance something will exist already, especially if they're humans.

Offline Yataka Shimaoka

• Colonel
  • I'm the trouble maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 22, 2017, 05:42:43 pm »
Well, the mod always crashes on startup, but on a far more outdated nightly version, the game do start, but I can't do any campaign runs.

First problem which the log gives me is that something about the Cydonia research, the error says "Cydonia research have dependencies, but the cost is not zero! This is not allowed!"

Second, on the old nightlies, the error is something about segmentation error, which however I cannot detect the problem.

Hopefully this helps, and no rush, I'm waiting patiently for this, such a cool mod and lotsa resources to get from.
Merry Christmas and happy new year!

Offline jackstraw2323

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 22, 2017, 06:04:16 pm »
Thanks. I'll take a look and see if I can start debugging. I might take my laptop if there is room so I can work on this a bit over the holidays.

niculinux

« Reply #96 on: December 23, 2017, 12:41:34 pm »
Tryed to un the mod (this version picked up from the drop down menu, it is a "master mod"?) but i wasn't even able to run it, as he screenshot says  :'( :'(

Offline Yataka Shimaoka

• Colonel
  • I'm the trouble maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 23, 2017, 02:03:20 pm »
That's the same crash I had when starting the game

Offline jackstraw2323

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 23, 2017, 08:59:38 pm »
OK, I downloaded a nightly, fixed the Cydonia research rule to include the unlocks final mission flag, and it now loads the mod without crashing. I don't know if there are other bugs as I've not tested anything other than loading and starting a random battle on the final mission, so let me know if you run into anything. New mod file attached.

niculinux

« Reply #99 on: December 23, 2017, 09:16:12 pm »
OK, I downloaded a nightly, fixed the Cydonia research rule to include the unlocks final mission flag, and it now loads the mod without crashing. I don't know if there are other bugs as I've not tested anything other than loading and starting a random battle on the final mission, so let me know if you run into anything. New mod file attached.

Well with the version attached in the post abve game sarts, but crashes at the very beginning , either with option "custom initial  base" be on or off.

Edit: tested the mod with openxvomextended+ 3.9c. Peraphs it is dedigned to run only on a nightly?
« Last Edit: December 23, 2017, 09:25:55 pm by niculinux »

Offline jackstraw2323

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 24, 2017, 02:37:24 am »
Well with the version attached in the post abve game sarts, but crashes at the very beginning , either with option "custom initial  base" be on or off.

Edit: tested the mod with openxvomextended+ 3.9c. Peraphs it is dedigned to run only on a nightly?

OK, looks like some additional scripts and rules have been added since I worked on this, just added the missionscripts.rul which has fixed the missing sectoid error. I've not tested with anything other than nightlies, so no idea if openxcomextended would even work.

Offline jackstraw2323

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 24, 2017, 03:32:44 am »
Replacing the previous bugged build. Seems like research chains have been changed a bit and rifle/pistol upgrades were causing a crash. Tested further but more may be present.

Offline Yataka Shimaoka

• Colonel
  • I'm the trouble maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 28, 2017, 03:49:08 am »
Downloaded it now, testing and enjoying I can finally play the mod, which I waited for since last August

--- posts merged ---

Found a bug, its about the jaegers (or Jagger I think?).
When they get destroyed, the game will just freeze, and I have no idea what the problem was and the log shows nothing of use.
To reproduce, kill a jaeger
« Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 11:00:44 am by Solarius Scorch »

niculinux

« Reply #103 on: December 29, 2017, 05:29:26 pm »
Weel, with the relase of WarOfShadows_0.91_2017-08-01_00-27-15_Nightly.zip  the game finally starst correctly! Please jackstraw, mind to put it with a  nice feature changelog/catalogue, in the mena time some screenshots, i actually like the ufopedia backgriund for weapons :)

Offline Yataka Shimaoka

• Colonel
  • I'm the trouble maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 13, 2018, 06:14:41 am »
I hope everyone likes the walk through wall glitch

Edit: WHOOPS! Wrong mod thread
« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 08:29:35 pm by Yataka Shimaoka »