Author Topic: specab  (Read 2676 times)

Offline jackstraw2323

• Colonel
    • View Profile
specab
« on: November 05, 2014, 05:42:44 am »
I've been working with a few mixes of the unit special abilities and running into some shortcomings.

specab: 1 explosions, would it be possible to extend this to include other damage types, i.e. incineration, smoke, stun? Since the blast radius and power are determined on the corpse item, it seems like maybe that could be added. So far it seems that damage type is ignored in my experiments

specab: 3 hatching. When set, the hatched unit is already placed on the field, before the initial host unit is killed. Following the zombie model works, but setting anything other than a crysalllid will crash on the turn end.

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: specab
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2014, 07:17:41 pm »
1) My extended version have this.
3) Last time I look this, new unit is created after old one is killed. Your problem could be wrong configuration, in your case probably your terror unit don't have build in weapon defined.

Offline jackstraw2323

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: specab
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2014, 03:12:28 am »
That did the trick thanks. I haven't fully tested but it does seem that the unit has to be defined as a live_terrorist and have a built in weapon (which is only available to terror units like the chrysallid).