Author Topic: I need some mod suggestions!  (Read 9020 times)

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
Re: I need some mod suggestions!
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2014, 05:22:38 pm »
hehe sounds like you're having a good time ;)

1) Let me know what you think of the craft (or other parts of the mod if you try them). I have nerfed the grenade launcher compared to what's available online currently, but its smoke grenade is still very convenient (immediate smoke in front of the skyranger, instead of in it after the end of your turn).

2) That's nuts! I've seen bad landings in terror missions, but for a crashed UFO.. Seems like they were ready for you!

3) You might want to try the Psionic Line of Fire mod, I think we already recommended it? I use a similar mod where the mind probe is excluded from the LoF requirement, but it's a game changer. I am thinking of turning that mod off later in the game though, to make Ethereals and Sectoids more of a challenge, as they become too weak once you have veterans instead of rookies. Actually, I am coming up with an idea for a whole mod dedicated to psi-warfare to make it more interesting and less of an all or nothing element.

Offline cjones

• Captain
  • Happy bug hunting!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2014, 05:42:52 pm »
IMO I agree with solar I think it was who said psi los actually makes aliens harder because once u have psi resistant team they waste tu to try and mc instead of just shooting at u

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2014, 05:51:15 pm »
I guess if you build the "psi super squad", preventing them from using MC would actually help them. Good point.

But in my game using psi LoF, it has been such a non issue that my veterans squad has troopers with ~10-20 psi strength and they are doing fine. I usually manage to kill aliens as soon as I see them on my turn. Only rarely do they find the right trooper on their turn and psi him. Either they shoot, or the see another trooper first and try to MC that one. That's especially true if your weaker troopers are in a support role (sniper/rocket launcher/Heavy weapons) and further from the front lines.

Without the psiLoF, they will gang up on your weak soldier no matter where it is. I guess it makes mid-game more difficult, until you have the super squad then it makes end game easier. Something to consider for my psi mod..