aliens

Author Topic: [WIP] Up Close and Personal Mod Pack  (Read 11073 times)

Offline new_civilian

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [WIP] Up Close and Personal Mod Pack
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2014, 12:11:33 pm »
Haha, I just tested the BlasterPack in my last 2 assaults on Alien bases: Let's say: Moving your troops away from the ticking bomb suddenly becomes the ONLY thing important in your Xcom life  ;D Not even enemy commander with Blaster Launchers are important anymore!

In my first attempt i used a short delay, but forgot that some of my troops were low on energy , the result was 3 or 4 heavyily wounded soldiers. 

Then in my second attmpt I simply doubled the delay and had no problems at all. The alien base center however did  ;D

Don't plan on collecting a lot of resources if you use this weapon. The nice multi-alien-scream concerto when it goes off easily makes up for that, though!  ;D

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2014, 02:26:03 pm »
Haha, I just tested the BlasterPack in my last 2 assaults on Alien bases: Let's say: Moving your troops away from the ticking bomb suddenly becomes the ONLY thing important in your Xcom life  ;D Not even enemy commander with Blaster Launchers are important anymore!

In my first attempt i used a short delay, but forgot that some of my troops were low on energy , the result was 3 or 4 heavyily wounded soldiers. 

Then in my second attmpt I simply doubled the delay and had no problems at all. The alien base center however did  ;D

Don't plan on collecting a lot of resources if you use this weapon. The nice multi-alien-scream concerto when it goes off easily makes up for that, though!  ;D

OMG !!  I cant wait to try!    Did you try blowing up the command center from below? or from the corridor outside it on the first floor? :D

(Thanks a ton for the feedback!)

Cheers, Ivan :D

Offline new_civilian

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2014, 11:13:41 am »
I was using a custom base set and placed it close to the inner doors of the custom control center. Nice fireworks!
I even made a special version of the mod and tried 1000 damage instead of 250...

Well, can you say tac-nuke?  ;D

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2014, 05:45:47 pm »
I was using a custom base set and placed it close to the inner doors of the custom control center. Nice fireworks!
I even made a special version of the mod and tried 1000 damage instead of 250...

Well, can you say tac-nuke?  ;D

ROFL... Yeah, I saw another Tac Nuke mod...  at about the same damage... hehe...yeah, not sure its really a good solution  for a tactical battle.  XD

Offline new_civilian

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2014, 05:49:11 pm »
Surprisingly it adds to the game  :o
Like you i first thought: WAY TOO STRONG, but if you make it really heavy and bulky it becomes a real challenge and worth the effort...  :)