aliens

Author Topic: Any chance a Battlescape editor will come out?  (Read 2779 times)

Offline MrFrustrated

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Any chance a Battlescape editor will come out?
« on: October 04, 2014, 01:35:13 am »
Any chance a Battlescape editor will come out?

One that's compatible with Open Xcom.

I would really to mine an entire base while I defend it against say 40 mutons.

Offline NoelBuddy

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Any chance a Battlescape editor will come out?
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2014, 07:13:55 pm »
At the moment there are a few people working on map editors that allow you to add maps and custom tilesets(new dropships/UFOs/mapblocks for the RNG to pick from), I think getting this to a point where it's fairly easy to work with and bug free would be the first step before putting something together which you could setup of custom battlescapes that you can drop items and units into.

If you are so inclined as to make one, my thought would be to figure out how the "battleGame:" section of the savegames work and work from there creating custome savefiles that open up to the battlescape you want.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 07:30:28 pm by NoelBuddy »

Offline MrFrustrated

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Any chance a Battlescape editor will come out?
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2014, 07:14:28 am »
At the moment there are a few people working on map editors that allow you to add maps and custom tilesets(new dropships/UFOs/mapblocks for the RNG to pick from), I think getting this to a point where it's fairly easy to work with and bug free would be the first step before putting something together which you could setup of custom battlescapes that you can drop items and units into.

If you are so inclined as to make one, my thought would be to figure out how the "battleGame:" section of the savegames work and work from there creating custome savefiles that open up to the battlescape you want.

Thank you Noel.

As for me trying coding, I seriously sucked at my XML class. I'm not a coder. I have great respect for programmers, but for me, its like learning a language.