Author Topic: Is it possible?  (Read 3308 times)

Offline SIMON BAILIE

• Commander
    • View Profile
Is it possible?
« on: October 15, 2014, 11:40:09 pm »
In order to keep track of what each of my troops are and what some of their more vital stats are, I name them as follows 60/70/100-100 PS1 for example where the first two figures are their unmodified, by armor bonus, reaction stat, then firing accuracy and finally PsiStrength-PsiSkill with the letters @ the end denoting either a scout, assault, heavy, blaster, sniper or psionic. Is it possible or am I expecting miracles that these could be updated automatically by the AI as I only update all troops @ all bases @ the start of each month or a particular ship's crew post mission. See the attachments below. Thanks for any input on this one as with having 200 troops over 8 bases it takes a while to update them all.

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
Re: Is it possible?
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2014, 03:06:30 am »
How on Earth (or any other planet) do you get those stats?! And.. Talk about treating your soldiers like numbers :P

Anyhow, I think it would be possible to create something very similar (but probably not exactly the same) using the XComUtil_statstrings mod as an example. You might have to satisfy yourself with some tiers (like displaying 90 for 90 to 94, 95 for 95 to 99, etc.) unless you want to write a lot of code though.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2014, 12:49:09 pm »
Have you tried Warboy's statstrings? It's a ruleset, distributed with the nightly.

Offline SIMON BAILIE

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2014, 01:09:43 pm »
Will try the "statstrings" rulest asap. The stats were a "bit" of creative editing of the Xcom1ruleset, starting troops now have the max starting amounts. Well your troops are supposed to be the best earth has to offer plus they could have gone through genetic manipulation. Also when the opportunity presents itself I mc the last few aliens into their ufo, blocking all exits and have all my troops empty a smg clip into them via reaction fire. This gives the max increase in firing and reaction stats per mission so long as the aliens don't die too quickly, mutons, ethereals are good candidates for this procedure.
   On another point has anyone an idea when the mods portal's going to be back up again as I'm getting the same error message that has already been noticed by other users?

Offline TaxxiDriver

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2014, 04:03:22 am »
That's one hell of a soldier. I'm sure his father would be proud of him.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 06:37:19 am by TaxxiDriver »