aliens

Author Topic: Graphic Help  (Read 2994 times)

Offline guille1434

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Graphic Help
« on: October 07, 2014, 10:39:24 pm »
Hello: I would like to restore the original Firestorm Ufopedia image to my FMP modded game... Till now, I am having no success...
The image I found in internet looks good in a graphics viewer program (Irfanview and Aseprite v0.95 also) but looks very wrong in-game (see attachments).

Is there an esay way to "import" the file in Aseprite and to "force" it to use the Oxc color palette? That would be very useful to import this or any other image in the game...

Thank you in advance!
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 10:41:24 pm by guille1434 »

Offline XOps

• Colonel
  • Guy who drowns first
    • View Profile
Re: Graphic Help
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2014, 12:14:10 am »
You have the wrong palette. The image you have attached is using the battlescape palette. You need the UFOpedia palette for craft entries.

Of course you could just use this version. It should be the right palette.  https://www.ufopaedia.org/index.php?title=File:UP005.gif.

Offline guille1434

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2014, 02:03:13 am »
Excellent XOps! Thanks to you, my problem is over! You are very kind! :-)

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2014, 03:27:23 am »
Wouldn't it be easier to just remove the line in the FMP that changes the image? Assuming you did not delete anything, you still have the original image and, if no mod changes it, that's what OpenXCom should display.

Offline guille1434

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2014, 05:23:32 am »
That was my first approach to the problem, but somehow, I could not make it work that way...