Author Topic: [MAPS] YetMoreUFOs!  (Read 38145 times)

Offline Mr. Quiet

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • =Open_X_Com= Mods
Re: [MAPS] YetMoreUFOs!
« Reply #60 on: February 17, 2015, 11:56:15 pm »
I apologize if my comment came to anyone in a negative or offensive manner. I'll try to display my words more carefully next time. I'll leave it as it is in hopes that the author takes this as criticism to fix this. I did forget to thank the modders though, thanks guy, I love the mod as far and no issues yet!

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 18, 2015, 01:02:03 am »
I know a few days ago, some feature that affects UFO disengage timers was introduced. It was accompanied by the "modders double your UFO timers" warning. After installing the nightly, I can't get to shoot more than a few shots of cannons at very small UFOs.

I thought it made sense, since this mod hasn't been updated in a while. So I went to check and to my surprise, reload and breakoff times from "YetMoreUFOs" were similar with the new ruleset with doubled timers.

Apparently I've been playing with super easy UFOs (already doubled timers) for a while? But then again.. not being able to down small scouts is weird. The time it takes to get them in cannon range is enough for them to disengage unless you're super fast clicking "aggressive", and even then I could only sneak in a few shots. Shoot them with anything longer range like a stingray and you'll just destroy them...

I'm not sure what's happening anymore..

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 18, 2015, 09:48:07 pm »
Well, I looked back a long way using git and I looks like the timers have always been the way they are. I'm not sure where grzegorj got his timers, but they are off compared to the default rulesets. Running my old nightly version (from ~november) without YetMoreUFOs I am indeed having issues catching UFOs..

As it is, I have removed all the extraneous information from YetMoreUFOs regarding vanilla craft variants in YetMoreUFOTypes (since it was overwritting the vanilla version) and doubled the reload and disengage timers for Solar's types, as required by the nightly. Interception will be a whole new game...

I've attached the ruleset in case anyone using the recent nightlies want to give it a try.

Offline SIMON BAILIE

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 18, 2015, 11:50:22 pm »
Was wondering if ur mod is compatible with "Research alive aliens v1.3" as "Yet more ufos v0.6" is from the end of October prior to all the map changes and earlier today I had to give up in my current game with using "Lukes dark ufos" as it seemed to be crashing the game to my desktop when I got reaction shot at. I refer to message:

Just tried this mod, v1.3 and the following happens on the 1st mission, see pictures regarding the black areas. I've the following mods on:

rulesets:
  - Xcom1Ruleset
  - Acid_Weaponry
  - Batman
  - CUSTOM STATSTRINGS
  - CivArmorRich
  - CraftMissleSound
  - EleriumFlare
  - Enforcer
  - ExtraPockets
  - Extra_Explosions
  - FireStormGfx
  - GaussWeaponry
  - GenderDetail
  - GuidedMissile
  - HWP_Mortar
  - Improved_HandOb
  - Improved_Recruit_Start_Stat
  - Ironman Super Suit
  - Laser_Sniper_Rifle
  - MassAccelerator
  - PSX_Static_Cydonia_Map
  - PowerSuitHelmOff
  - Predator
  - SECTOPOD_HWP
  - SPACEMARINES
  - SniperRifle_custom
  - SniperRifle_u2s
  - TacticalNuke
  - UFOextender_Gun_Melee
  - ViperAssaultCannon
  - WeaponNaymore
  - WeaponTranquilizer
  - XcomUtil_Fighter_Transports
  - XcomUtil_High_Explosive_Damage
  - XcomUtil_Improved_Ground_Tanks
  - XcomUtil_Pistol_Auto_Shot
  - XcomUtil_Skyranger_Weapon_Slot
  - small_rocket_small
  - Research_Alive_Aliens
  - Alternate_Lightning_Thunder
  - 2012DeathSounds
  - Commendations
  - CommendationsUFOpedia
  - ITEM LIST ORDER
  - XcomUtil_Starting_Defensive_Improved_Base
  - LukesDarkUFOs

Have tried various things like reloading, taking off Luke's Dark Ufo's but it seems that if any of my units get reaction shot in a dark area the game crashes to the desktop. I'm using the nightly of 2015-02-17 and I don't think any of the mods r causing a conflict but this is beyond my knowledge. Item list order is something of mine just to put stores/purchase screens in what I consider a more sensible order. Wud "Yet more ufos" work better?

Apologies if this is a bit long winded but I don't want to risk my current game messing up again. Once I took off anything involving maps, routes, terrain or using an .exe prior to November there seems to be no problem fingers crossed. Thanks in advance for reading through this waffle. The attached pics show what was happening.

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 19, 2015, 06:49:12 pm »
I can't vouch for this mod working with nightlies since I am just trying it now. As far as I can tell, UFOs are still defined pretty much the same way so the mod should work. Mods with new maps/terrains where the ones which were impacted by the recent change, crafts and UFOs seem to be fine.

A word of warning, however. I just realized that the mod above (and indeed the original "YetMoreUFOTypes" ruleset) "only" has 3 alien itemSets defined for the new UFO types originally introduced by the Alien Armoury Expanded - UFOs mod. Since the Alien Armoury Expanded uses 4 alien equipment levels, using the AAE will make your game crash if an alien is "lucky" enough to get the 4th level equipment on a mission involving one of the new craft types.

Offline SIMON BAILIE

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 19, 2015, 08:32:47 pm »
Yes I c what u mean RAA mod goes from 0-2 in the item levels but AAE goes from 0-3 so as u said if an alien gets 3 - TROUBLE. One last point though, on looking at "Solar's New Ufos v1.1" from 2014-09-14 there doesn't seem to be any item level within the rul file so surely this shud be compatible with RAA, all I wud need to do is double the reload and break off times for the 4 ufos to bring them into sync with current nightlies as my current game is running off 2015-02-17. But I'll await ur words of wisdom b4 adding this onto my game.

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 19, 2015, 10:05:41 pm »
The problem is that if you add new UFO types (like the figher, sentry ship, lab ship in the AAE-UFOs), you also need to define what weapons the aliens have on those ships. I'm not sure what Solar's new UFOs is, so it is possible that it does not add types. That should be discussed in the relevant topic tough.

If the Research mod you use has 0-2 for item levels, then YetMoreUFOsTypes should be compatible with it as is, since it also contains "only" 3 alien item levels. It is only when mixing in the AAE (or any other mods with more than 3 levels) that you will run into trouble.

Every UFO mod does need to get the timers tweaked for the recent nightlies, but that should be all (assuming that your alien weaponry is figured out).

Offline SIMON BAILIE

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 20, 2015, 01:03:53 am »
This is solar's new ufos in the attachment below by Solarius Scorch, no item levels defined in it so it's just an older version of yet more ufos without the vanilla 8 ufos. These r the item levels fr RAA:

###BEGIN ALIENITEMLEVELS
alienItemLevels:
  - [0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 1, 1]
  - [0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1]
  - [0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1]
  - [0, 0, 0, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1]
  - [0, 0, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1]
  - [0, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 2]
  - [0, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 2, 2, 2]
  - [0, 1, 1, 1, 1, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2]
  - [1, 1, 1, 1, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2]
  - [1, 1, 1, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2]
  - [1, 1, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2]
  - [1, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2]
  - [2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2]
###END ALIENITEMLEVELS

So fr what u've said shud be compatible. There r no item levels defined in Solar's new ufos either so 2 final points. Firstly am I better adding yet more ufos or solar's new ufos as all I want is the 4 new ufos. And finally if there is not an item level defined in a mod like the forementioned 2 mods how does the ai know what item levels to give them or does it just use the last mod loaded in to have a item level defined, which in my case wud use the one fr RAA(attached). Thanks for all the advice on this one as ur knowledge is far superior to mine as I'm learning on a trial by error basis.

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 20, 2015, 08:02:16 am »
alienItemLevels are defined once, and overwritten if a mod is loaded that redefines them after. In your case, if your only mod that defines itemLevels is the RAA, then that's what you will use.

I used the wrong term earlier, when I said every mod that defines new UFOs needs itemLevels, what I meant is the alienDeployment section, which says which weapon the aliens will have. If you look in Solar's New UFOs, you will see that there is indeed an alien Deployment seciton.

An issue arises when you define more itemLevels (0,1,2,etc.) than there are weapons tiers defined in the alienDeployment. If the game needs itemLevel 3 for an alien, but there are only 0, 1 and 2 defined, it will crash (with a rather unhelpful error message about checking vectors, which is relevant but hard to guess at). If you have more alienDeployments "tiers" defined than itemLevels, there is no issue. The last tier just won't be used.

So.. All that said to mean: You are fine using either YetMoreUFOs OR Solar's new UFOs. YetMoreUFOs gives you a lot more variation in UFOs so it depends on if you want to be surprised or not. Do make sure you are NOT using the Alien Armoury Expanded with either of those, however, since that requires more alienDeployment "tiers" than exist in either YetMoreUFOs or Solar's New UFOs.

Offline SIMON BAILIE

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 20, 2015, 06:36:02 pm »
Ta I'll put "yet more ufos" on now as knowing the layouts of ufos takes the fun out of storming the entrance or a breach. RAA is heavy on capturing all ranks bar soldiers so the more ufo types the better for capturing opportunites of non soldier ranks. I'm also going to add on Alien Inventory mod as when I get to mind controlling the aliens I like to see the picture in the inventory screen. Btw I was looking thru all the mods I have, is FMP the only one to have the 4 alien item levels as it incoporates AAE?

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
  • Deep Ruleset Digger & Bughunter
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
« Reply #70 on: February 22, 2015, 11:31:12 pm »
alienItemLevels are defined once, and overwritten if a mod is loaded that redefines them after. In your case, if your only mod that defines itemLevels is the RAA, then that's what you will use.

I used the wrong term earlier, when I said every mod that defines new UFOs needs itemLevels, what I meant is the alienDeployment section, which says which weapon the aliens will have. If you look in Solar's New UFOs, you will see that there is indeed an alien Deployment seciton.

An issue arises when you define more itemLevels (0,1,2,etc.) than there are weapons tiers defined in the alienDeployment. If the game needs itemLevel 3 for an alien, but there are only 0, 1 and 2 defined, it will crash (with a rather unhelpful error message about checking vectors, which is relevant but hard to guess at). If you have more alienDeployments "tiers" defined than itemLevels, there is no issue. The last tier just won't be used.

So.. All that said to mean: You are fine using either YetMoreUFOs OR Solar's new UFOs. YetMoreUFOs gives you a lot more variation in UFOs so it depends on if you want to be surprised or not. Do make sure you are NOT using the Alien Armoury Expanded with either of those, however, since that requires more alienDeployment "tiers" than exist in either YetMoreUFOs or Solar's New UFOs.

My Mod refered to as RAA here (*lol*) also has alienDeployment Sections defined, to get Elerium Bombs in, but i stick to the orignal 3 tier of Equipment.

Offline new_civilian

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 07, 2015, 12:37:59 pm »
Here a fixed Labship map (had 2 missing and one wrong tile, hf!

niculinux

« Reply #72 on: August 26, 2015, 07:14:51 pm »
Willing to give a shot on linux with openxcom 1.0 (should be compatible accordin to the portal).  Anyone tested it?

edit: oh, latest version appears to be 0.6. Supposed to ba a comlleted mod, if so move in the complete mods forum?
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 07:24:21 pm by niculinux »

niculinux

« Reply #73 on: August 27, 2015, 03:20:48 pm »
Tested 0.6  today, and seems to be linux compatible, don know with other mods though  :-\
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 03:22:55 pm by niculinux »