Author Topic: appreciation thread  (Read 5473 times)

Offline alienfood

• Captain
  • It's people!
    • View Profile
appreciation thread
« on: December 19, 2011, 10:43:37 pm »
I downloaded the stable 0.3 version with low expectations. I must say how surprisingly far along you guys have gotten with the development. I wanted to express my appreciation at the hard work put in to get to this point.

The geoscape, base operations, the tactical screen, and infopedia are (to a casual observer) indistinguishable from the original, and they are tied together with all the appropriate in-game dialogs instead of just being roughed-in prototype modes. Installation was a snap, I unzipped the package and then copied in the data files from my X-Com, and bingo it was running.

I am excited about the potential for customization and gameplay options once this project has reached 1.0 status. I sure people have suggested things like internet connectivity for cooperative or competitive play, changes to the research tree with new buildable goodies (I want to build a battleship!), high resolution displays (perhaps interpolated using the existing data files), new alien AI rulesets.

I strongly encourage X-Com fans to stay current with this site, as I now have no doubt that this project will be completed.

Offline kkmic

• Commander
  • Undefined
    • View Profile
Re: appreciation thread
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2011, 09:58:09 am »
I strongly encourage X-Com fans to stay current with this site, as I now have no doubt that this project will be completed.

Nobody has any doubts that this project won't see 1.0

There's too much love involved.

Offline Daiky

• Battlescape Programmer
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2011, 01:35:07 pm »
Always glad to hear people appreciating :)

Offline SupSuper

• Lazy Developer
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2011, 08:30:54 pm »
Thanks a lot for the support, I'm sure the whole team appreciates your appreciation. ;)

Offline hsbckb

• Colonel
  • Gill Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2011, 10:36:18 am »
I downloaded the stable 0.3 version with low expectations. I must say how surprisingly far along you guys have gotten with the development. I wanted to express my appreciation at the hard work put in to get to this point.

The geoscape, base operations, the tactical screen, and infopedia are (to a casual observer) indistinguishable from the original, and they are tied together with all the appropriate in-game dialogs instead of just being roughed-in prototype modes. Installation was a snap, I unzipped the package and then copied in the data files from my X-Com, and bingo it was running.

I am excited about the potential for customization and gameplay options once this project has reached 1.0 status. I sure people have suggested things like internet connectivity for cooperative or competitive play, changes to the research tree with new buildable goodies (I want to build a battleship!), high resolution displays (perhaps interpolated using the existing data files), new alien AI rulesets.

I appreciate you type so many words for appreciation. :)