aliens

Author Topic: Testing out Transifex, new localization website  (Read 14631 times)

Offline HelmetHair

• Colonel
  • He who laughs last thinks fastest.
    • View Profile
Re: Testing out Transifex, new localization website
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2014, 09:15:59 pm »
Okay what about languages that would only serve maybe 20 thousand people?

I'm thinking of doing this as a translation project for a certain cultural group i belong to... and think that this could be a great learning project.

thoughts?

-HH

Offline SupSuper

• Lazy Developer
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2014, 04:03:58 am »
Thanks, Sup! As already stated, great work.

Two issues so far:

• The language codes (tr, etc) for most of the languages seem to mismatch with the values already established, so the YML download and upload does not work directly without editing.
  • Some languages seem to have a weird STR_1 in there, which naturally causes OXC to barf.

You're probably already aware of these - just posting in case you aren't. Not trying to bug or rush you  ;D

Also, my language team had an election and the result was that I should be appointed the reviewer by 100% of a total of 1 votes.  8)
If you're the only translator you don't need a reviewer anyways. ;)

Anyways I've paged Transifex support about the weird format issues. The language codes will be updated on the OX end once the Git builder is updated to match.

Okay what about languages that would only serve maybe 20 thousand people?

I'm thinking of doing this as a translation project for a certain cultural group i belong to... and think that this could be a great learning project.

thoughts?

-HH
What, like Latin? Well it's not like it costs us to support extra languages, so go nuts. :P

Offline HelmetHair

• Colonel
  • He who laughs last thinks fastest.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2014, 05:02:58 am »
Choctaw.

Offline SupSuper

• Lazy Developer
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2014, 02:39:26 am »
Choctaw.
Sure why not.

Ok all the translations have been migrated and the format bugs dealt with. However it'll still be a while until the Git Builder is updated to pull translations from Transifex and use the format changes, so don't bother reporting that. :P

Anyways, enjoy!

Offline SupSuper

• Lazy Developer
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2014, 12:34:54 am »
Ok the Git Builder and game code have been updated, so hopefully everything should match up now. :)
And there's no longer a "latest.zip" to download, since you can just download translations directly from Transifex now.

Offline Ishmaeel

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2014, 09:41:57 am »
So you had to actually go and change the language codes and string keys to accommodate transifex. It better be worth it (well, it seems to be, so far).

Now you'll have a support case in your hands for the people who are updating their installations with the nightlies due to duplicated language files.

Anyway, after changing the language option manually, I'd like to report everything is working fine. Thank you very much.