aliens

Author Topic: [OLD] Old OXCE discussion thread  (Read 663355 times)

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [OXCE] OpenXcom Extended
« Reply #1470 on: January 22, 2018, 08:14:54 pm »
Thanks for reports, last one probably should be fixed in `drawTarget` by replacing `blit` with function that will flip bits when draw.
This will allow adding `const` to `Surface *` because modifying this surface is not needed there (this is design error to require to modyfing shared data do draw anything). I will prepare some fix for this.

As you post some erros to fix, I will grab them and when I find some time publish new bugfix version.

Offline SIMON BAILIE

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1471 on: January 22, 2018, 09:54:51 pm »
Not a major glitch but a wee bit annoying, in the save attached I've mc'd the snakeman leader but it won't let me set waypoints to fire his blaster launcher?

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1472 on: January 22, 2018, 10:28:50 pm »
Not a major glitch but a wee bit annoying, in the save attached I've mc'd the snakeman leader but it won't let me set waypoints to fire his blaster launcher?

It's because aliens are not allowed to use explosives before turn 3 :)

Small refactoring oversight, that can be easily fixed.
Here's the code: https://github.com/Yankes/OpenXcom/blob/OpenXcomExtended/src/Savegame/SavedBattleGame.cpp#L890

This
Code: [Select]
if (unit->getOriginalFaction() == FACTION_HOSTILE && getTurn() < rule->getAIUseDelay(getMod()))
should be changed to this
if (unit->getFaction() == FACTION_HOSTILE && getTurn() < rule->getAIUseDelay(getMod()))

Fix: https://github.com/MeridianOXC/OpenXcom/commit/68ec0b2b45fd5aa275b3cab3332869901d984b49
« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 10:40:51 pm by Meridian »

Offline SIMON BAILIE

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1473 on: January 24, 2018, 09:37:12 pm »
Testing out your latest oxce+(v3.10a of 06/01/18) I get this image when a ufo has landed. I have got the language as en-US. Is this right? The ufo in question is a supply ship for alien base 1.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1474 on: January 24, 2018, 10:08:55 pm »
Testing out your latest oxce+(v3.10a of 06/01/18) I get this image when a ufo has landed. I have got the language as en-US. Is this right? The ufo in question is a supply ship for alien base 1.

There is a translation for this: https://github.com/MeridianOXC/OpenXcom/commit/3d80cbec3a5614326a0d911baa9382f2fb82afc1
You probably forgot to update the data files.
Updating only the EXE is not enough.

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
« Reply #1475 on: February 04, 2018, 05:08:52 pm »
Hey Yankes, would you consider removing the validation checks on item costs for facilities here?  I feel like this is unnecessarily limiting modders and assuming only one type of facility refund. For example, in my mod I have a non-functional hangar in a starting base containing a crashed craft; I'd like to be able to remove it to gain back the damaged craft for repairs, but I found it non-intuitive that I needed to be the damaged craft as a build cost before the refund would work.

Edit: Meridian just wrote a commit to change this, if you'd like to use it.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2018, 05:27:52 pm by ohartenstein23 »

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1476 on: February 04, 2018, 05:58:24 pm »
Ok, valid point. It could work other way, but build using X but as refund you get trash Y.
I will include this in next version.

Offline Ethereal

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1477 on: February 12, 2018, 11:03:39 pm »
bug in documentation, both UFO and XCrafts can modify `sightRange`, all things defined in `craftWeapons`->`stats` can be used in craft and ufo too (but some are not used).

E ... Ie, if set "sightRange" for a UFO, then can increase the distance and the probability of finding X-COM base?

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1478 on: February 12, 2018, 11:23:02 pm »
Range yes, chance no.

Offline Ethereal

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1479 on: February 12, 2018, 11:45:07 pm »
Range yes, chance no.

Can find out what is the default range? Is it the same for all UFOs? Maybe should enter this information in the "Readme"?

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1480 on: February 13, 2018, 12:01:22 am »
Can find out what is the default range? Is it the same for all UFOs? Maybe should enter this information in the "Readme"?

It's the same as in vanilla, no need for readme if there's no change...

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
« Reply #1481 on: February 13, 2018, 11:20:44 pm »
Hi Yankes, after having a discussion with Hobbes about using craft weapon stat bonuses to create external fuel tanks, I came to the realization that removing such an item when the craft is fully fueled, you will lose that extra fuel; this means loss of an item if the craft uses E-115 or some other item to refuel. Could this be changed such that extra fuel would be returned as an item, as long as it is equal to at least the refuelRate of the craft?

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1482 on: February 16, 2018, 09:40:00 pm »
Hi Yankes, after having a discussion with Hobbes about using craft weapon stat bonuses to create external fuel tanks, I came to the realization that removing such an item when the craft is fully fueled, you will lose that extra fuel; this means loss of an item if the craft uses E-115 or some other item to refuel. Could this be changed such that extra fuel would be returned as an item, as long as it is equal to at least the refuelRate of the craft?
There is already code for this:
int overflowFuel = _fuel - _stats.fuelMax;
if (overflowFuel > 0 && !_rules->getRefuelItem().empty())
{
_base->getStorageItems()->addItem(_rules->getRefuelItem(), overflowFuel / _rules->getRefuelRate());
}
setFuel(_fuel);

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1483 on: February 26, 2018, 04:02:37 pm »
A small bug report... which is not even a bug... but a different side-effect than in vanilla.

When using GIF transparency (on an index different than 0), OXC can still somehow render it transparent, even though it isn't explicitly coded that way.

In OXCE, the "script blit" cannot do that anymore... so mods, which use this "side effect" don't work in OXCE, even though they somehow work in OXC.
The recommendation of course, is to use proper images... but, could you have a look if it would be easy to change the "script blit" to behave the same way?

Attached is a minimod to test it and two screenshots with more explanation.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #1484 on: February 26, 2018, 05:16:45 pm »
Well that's even terrible for everyone who use OXCE+. Sad news for me.  :(

I'll wait for future updates to fix it then, that way transparency problems go away.

Or just don't use gif, use png. Gif has other issues anyway. And if you really want to use gifs, make transparent background transparent instead of green or whatever people use.