aliens

Author Topic: [OLD] Old OXCE discussion thread  (Read 675554 times)

Offline tkzv

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [OXCE] OpenXcom Extended
« Reply #1425 on: November 21, 2017, 12:20:28 am »
The universal patch (from OXC site) should take care of all such issues.
https://openxcom.org/download/extras/universal-patch.zip and https://openxcom.org/file/2225/TFTD_MAP_FIXES.zip ? Never heard of them. Thanks.

The error no longer appears in the new missions.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 12:24:29 am by tkzv »

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: November 26, 2017, 04:47:31 pm »
No, fuse type doesn't seem to work on flares.
I'm now finishing version with nightly merge and I finally find time to check your bug.
Right now only case it do not work is instant grenade (-2 type). Did you tried using this type for flare?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #1427 on: November 26, 2017, 09:07:13 pm »
Right now only case it do not work is instant grenade (-2 type). Did you tried using this type for flare?

In fact I wanted to make a flare that works like a normal grenade, with a counter.

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: November 27, 2017, 01:22:06 am »
In fact I wanted to make a flare that works like a normal grenade, with a counter.
Could you elaborate a bit more? what exacly behavior you wanted?
Right now it should work in this way:
Set `fuseType` to -1 (set timer) and then flare do not generate light until you prime it.
When you prime it will glow for set number of turn, when time is up flare will be removed.
You can set fixed number of turn using `fuseType` to e.g. 6 then flare will glow always for 6 turns.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: November 27, 2017, 12:37:41 pm »
All right, so the idea is that the flare only starts glowing after a set number of turns, and not glow on the ground, in hand etc. - only after being primed and thrown. (Of course for most situations it would be primed for 0 turns, to start glowing right at the end of your turn.)

This whole issue was created because of the recent additions to OXCE+, mostly the sniper/spotter system. Illuminating yourself when using flares simply became too risky to ignore.

I wonder if you can help me :)

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: November 27, 2017, 11:36:27 pm »
All right, so the idea is that the flare only starts glowing after a set number of turns, and not glow on the ground, in hand etc. - only after being primed and thrown. (Of course for most situations it would be primed for 0 turns, to start glowing right at the end of your turn.)

This whole issue was created because of the recent additions to OXCE+, mostly the sniper/spotter system. Illuminating yourself when using flares simply became too risky to ignore.

I wonder if you can help me :)
I can easy made that flare will start glow after throw ("shock" will enable it). It will be two version, only throw and prime & throw to enable glow.
This will be enough?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: November 28, 2017, 12:40:10 am »
I can easy made that flare will start glow after throw ("shock" will enable it). It will be two version, only throw and prime & throw to enable glow.
This will be enough?

More than enough, thank you :)
I am intrigued by the "lights up on impact" part, but having both things would be best.

Offline BTAxis

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: November 29, 2017, 02:18:31 pm »
That makes me think of the OXC grenade setting where you have to choose to either have explode-on-impact grenades or explode-at-end-of-turn grenades. It seems to me these behaviors could be integrated by adding a -1 timer to the prime setting and moving all the rest up one (who ever primes their grenades for 30 turns anyway?). I realize there's no real demand for it, mods like Piratez and X-Com Files just do their own thing anyway, but that's just my take on it.

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: November 30, 2017, 01:33:07 am »
That makes me think of the OXC grenade setting where you have to choose to either have explode-on-impact grenades or explode-at-end-of-turn grenades. It seems to me these behaviors could be integrated by adding a -1 timer to the prime setting and moving all the rest up one (who ever primes their grenades for 30 turns anyway?). I realize there's no real demand for it, mods like Piratez and X-Com Files just do their own thing anyway, but that's just my take on it.
This already work this way, you can choose between instant grenades, normal grenades or fix time grenades. Problem is with flares and proxi grenades when they are on and when off. Another thing is that I prefer do not add lot of new logic or states. Right now flares and proxi are enabled when timer is up and removed when it run out (in same moment when grenade would explode).

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: November 30, 2017, 11:48:47 am »
Thanks for the continued effort on your part, Yankes. The world is watching you. :)
Any estimation on the next release date? I would like to adjust my timeframe with OXCE development cycle.

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: December 01, 2017, 08:50:50 pm »
3.10 with merge and some fix (like this grenades) is planed this weekend.
4.0 with lot of big features still is without ETA.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: December 01, 2017, 09:57:05 pm »
3.10 with merge and some fix (like this grenades) is planed this weekend.
4.0 with lot of big features still is without ETA.

Thanks! Can't wait!

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: December 05, 2017, 03:12:47 am »
I had delay in my work, I couldn't decide how new flares functionality should work exactly.
Right now decision was to add new config that will change moment of triggering of flare.
For now only value now supported will be throw e.g. proxy, grenade or flare will be enabled only when throw (can work without prime).

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: December 11, 2017, 03:16:18 am »
New version 3.10 is finally ready.

Bug fix.
Update nightly.
New grenade fuse config.

rule changes diff: https://github.com/Yankes/OpenXcom/commit/8f8ea26bee7377c566546465d21d1d11a3a536e9#diff-fe0874bb03e6a00382c8b351288b4249
« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 09:39:15 pm by Yankes »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: December 17, 2017, 07:05:03 pm »
Hi Yankes,
Like every single time, I have no idea how to use the new feature.

fuseType: -2            #set how prime granade works.
    # -3 -> no priming, flare always work.
    # -2 -> can prime, unlimited time. Granade explode instantly after throw. Flare work only after prime.
    # -1 -> can prime, can set time. Granade explode after set time. Flare and Proxy disappere after set time.
    #  0 -> can prime, set fixed time of 0 turns.
    #  1 -> can prime, set fixed time of 1 turns.
    @ (...)
    fuseTriggerEvents:
      defaultBehavior: true   #used to enable default fuse behavior. Defualt `true`.
      throwTrigger: false     #timer start on throw.
      throwExplode: false     #item explode (grenade) or is removed on thorw. Defualt `false`. `specialChance` affect this.
      proximityTrigger: false #timer start when unit move in it proximity. Defulat `false`.
      proximityExplode: false #item explode (grenade, proxi) or is removed when unit move in it porximity. Default `false`. `specialChance` affect this.

So if I want a flare that starts shining on impact (after throw), but requires no timer, what should I do?

Also, what does defaultBehavior do? What if we set it to false?