aliens

Author Topic: [OLD] Old OXCE discussion thread  (Read 663105 times)

Offline RSSwizard

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [EXE] OpenXcom Extended
« Reply #1020 on: November 13, 2016, 04:23:53 am »
w h o a a a

After posting it I check changes in basic rulesets, and probably it wont b so bad. One that I find that is incompatible is waypoint weapons (instead of bool is number).
Tomorrow I will prepare something like that.

does that mean that we dont get # of waypoints anymore, or did we go to a number rather than a yes/no?  (vanilla limit was 9 so this is not a problem if the boolean was removed, can just set it to 9 if desired)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1021 on: November 13, 2016, 04:32:13 am »
It means that if you don't change your ruleset, it will crash, since it'll look for integer and find a boolean.

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: November 13, 2016, 10:04:58 am »
........Holy shit. Here it is. Thanks, Yankes!
So much work! :D But Meridian goes first. ;)

Holy shit indeed. Now it's my turn I guess.
Bad news is that unless it merges "nicely", it may take me a while too... read: a few weeks.

EDIT: yeah, 67 files with merge errors... this will take a while
« Last Edit: November 13, 2016, 10:27:52 am by Meridian »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #1023 on: November 13, 2016, 12:43:47 pm »
Holy shit indeed. Now it's my turn I guess.
Bad news is that unless it merges "nicely", it may take me a while too... read: a few weeks.

EDIT: yeah, 67 files with merge errors... this will take a while

No worries, let the players enjoy for a while the missions with time limits which aren't really limited. 8)

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: November 13, 2016, 04:21:06 pm »
I filter out some less interesting commits. But still over 200 lines.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #1025 on: November 13, 2016, 05:01:56 pm »
Thanks, an interesting read.

Is there anything besides Blaster Launcher waypoints which absolutely needs to be changed to work properly?

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: November 13, 2016, 06:40:51 pm »
Thanks, an interesting read.

Is there anything besides Blaster Launcher waypoints which absolutely needs to be changed to work properly?
Hard to say, I added changes form ruleset used by basic ufo. aside form `waypoints` the `destroyItem` was added that change behavior of research.

Offline clownagent

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: November 17, 2016, 09:32:08 pm »
I have a feature suggestion:

Add a tile property that reduces sight distance, but does not block walking or shooting through. With this a modder could add tiles that represent fog (on part of map), sand storms (on part of map), waterfalls, thin curtains, illusionary walls, etc... for more interesting maps. 

I think there are several possibilities to implement this, but I cannot judge how much work it will be:

1. There is LOS mcd (no 31), which can be switched to block line of sight to terrain but it does not block line of sight to units. Change the behavior that it also blocks sight to units (not sure if this would change vanilla gameplay???).

2. Add completely new mcd value which can be added to a tile via ruleset with 'mcdpatch'. The new mcdvalue could be an integer that, if switched to non-zero, reduces sight range similar to smoke.

3. Make it possible that units can shoot through very 'soft' tiles. That means tiles with sight blocking LOFT,but very small damage resistance (zero or less?) do not block projectiles and melee attacks.

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: November 18, 2016, 12:54:21 am »
I have a feature suggestion:

Add a tile property that reduces sight distance, but does not block walking or shooting through. With this a modder could add tiles that represent fog (on part of map), sand storms (on part of map), waterfalls, thin curtains, illusionary walls, etc... for more interesting maps. 

I think there are several possibilities to implement this, but I cannot judge how much work it will be:

1. There is LOS mcd (no 31), which can be switched to block line of sight to terrain but it does not block line of sight to units. Change the behavior that it also blocks sight to units (not sure if this would change vanilla gameplay???).

2. Add completely new mcd value which can be added to a tile via ruleset with 'mcdpatch'. The new mcdvalue could be an integer that, if switched to non-zero, reduces sight range similar to smoke.

3. Make it possible that units can shoot through very 'soft' tiles. That means tiles with sight blocking LOFT,but very small damage resistance (zero or less?) do not block projectiles and melee attacks.
In some future I plans add something like that.

Offline Ethereal

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: November 19, 2016, 12:51:21 pm »
I do not know what you've done, but the problem with the latest version. In the version of September 2015, everything works fine. Change to the last - not even included in the menu. Buggy on missionScripts line. I do not know that there can fail, because under the old version of the game still works fine.

Can the same be done so that the original logic is not much changed, or changed, but at the request?

Spoiler:
Не знаю, что вы сделали, но с последней версией проблемы. В версии сентября 2015 года, всё работает отлично. Меняю на последнюю - даже в меню не входит. Глючит по линии missionScripts. Не знаю, что там может глючить, ибо при старой версии в игре всё работает отлично.

Можно-же было сделать так, что бы логика оригинала не сильно менялась, или менялась, но по желанию?

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: November 19, 2016, 01:11:22 pm »
You do not updated data folder.

Offline clownagent

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: November 20, 2016, 05:22:32 pm »
I tried to use the

fuseTimerType: 0
and
fuseTimerType: 2

options on a normal grenade to restrict the timing posiibilities, but the grenade bahavior was not changed.

How do I get this working?

fuseTimerType: -2       #set how prime granade works.
    # -3 -> no priming, flare always work.
    # -2 -> can prime, unlimited time. Granade explode only after throw. Flare work only after prime.
    # -1 -> can prime, can set time. Granade explode after set time. Flare and Proxy disappere after set time.
    #  0 -> can prime, set fixed time of 0 turns.
    #  1 -> can prime, set fixed time of 1 turns.
    #  2 -> can prime, set fixed time of 2 turns.
    # ...
    # 22 -> can prime, set fixed time of 22 turns.
    # 23 -> can prime, set fixed time of 23 turns.

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: November 20, 2016, 05:36:35 pm »
I tried to use the

fuseTimerType: 0
and
fuseTimerType: 2

options on a normal grenade to restrict the timing posiibilities, but the grenade bahavior was not changed.

How do I get this working?
I made bug in documentation, proper name is: "fuseType".

Offline clownagent

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: November 20, 2016, 05:59:59 pm »
I made bug in documentation, proper name is: "fuseType".

Thanks, it works. Great feature!

From option '-1', I expected that grenades would explode even in hand or inventory, when time is up. Would be a nice feature for those demolition charges.

There is no option, which mimicks the 'instant grenade' effect (instant explosion after throw), right?
« Last Edit: November 20, 2016, 06:03:05 pm by clownagent »

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: November 20, 2016, 06:12:06 pm »
Thanks, it works. Great feature!

From option '-1', I expected that grenades would explode even in hand or inventory, when time is up. Would be a nice feature for those demolition charges.

There is no option, which mimicks the 'instant grenade' effect (instant explosion after throw), right?
"-1" is default behavior. "-2" is instant grenade.
And in some future I will add option for grenades exploding in inventory.