Author Topic: [OLD] Old OXCE discussion thread  (Read 672723 times)

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [EXE] OpenXcom Extended
« Reply #750 on: March 11, 2016, 07:12:06 pm »
Fix for bug will be new option for each damage part (stun/hp/morale et..) that define that is it randomized.
Stun damage type for defualt will have not random value but other damage types will randomize it.
Sneak peek from next version ruleset:
Code: [Select]
      RandomHealth: false     #do calucaltion of final health change use random value.
      RandomArmor: false      #do calculation of final armor change use random value.
      RandomArmorPre: false   #do calculation of final armor change use random value.
      RandomWound: false      #for `true` use original radom system giving `1` to `3` wounds, `false` will give linear value based on `ToWound`.
      RandomItem: false       #do calculation of value that compare with item armor use random value.
      RandomTile: false       #do calculation of value that compare with tile armor use random value.
      RandomStun: false       #do calculation of final stun level change use random value.
      RandomEnergy: false     #do calculation of final energy change use random value.
      RandomTime: false       #do calculation of final time units change use random value.
      RandomMorale: false     #do calculation of final moral change use random value.

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: March 11, 2016, 10:14:14 pm »
Maybe one example for explanation:

Current in 2.9:
Cattle prod has base damage 70... meaning range from 0 to 140.
Let's say we roll damage 60.
This 60 roll will not do anything.
Another roll between 0 and 60(or less?) will be done for stun damage.
Let's say the roll will be 13.
Final total stun damage (before armor reduction) will be 13.

New in 3.0:
Cattle prod has base damage 70... meaning range from 0 to 140.
Let's say we roll damage 60.
This 60 roll will not do anything (yet).
Another roll between 0 and 60(or less?) will be done for stun damage. There will be no second roll (by default).
Let's say the roll will be 13.
Final total stun damage (before armor reduction) will be 60.

@Yankes: please correct me if I understood it incorrectly

EDIT: weapons with other damage type than stun will not be affected... they will still have random stun effect (by default)... same as now... for example gauss rifle with power 70 (range 0 to 140) will roll damage 60 and do 60 piercing damage. Then it will do another roll for stun, let's say 13 and do additional 13 stun damage.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 10:36:23 pm by Meridian »

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: March 11, 2016, 10:22:52 pm »
Exactly.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #753 on: March 11, 2016, 11:26:41 pm »
Good. But I will keep Cattle Prod using the current ('bugged') formula, isn't it OP anyway? :)))

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: March 11, 2016, 11:32:03 pm »
If you change option, then yes.

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #755 on: March 14, 2016, 10:54:40 pm »
Hi Yankes!

I was just getting ready to create a mod for stunned corpses.... then I saw this:

" `bigSpriteAlt` and `floorSpriteAlt` is now obsolete, will be replaced by scripts in next version."

Can you help me out?  What would I need to know to get this to work?  (just be patient? )  ;)

Cheers, Ivan :D

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: March 14, 2016, 10:57:46 pm »
It's still working, I plans to scrap it in 3.0 (or more accurate already did in my local code base) and replace with better functionality.

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #757 on: March 14, 2016, 11:22:11 pm »
It's still working, I plans to scrap it in 3.0 (or more accurate already did in my local code base) and replace with better functionality.

Ok.  So I can set this up now, on 2.9, and just be aware that I'll need to change it down the road at 3.0. 

thanks!

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #758 on: March 17, 2016, 11:16:08 am »
Is there any possibility of a crash due to having 56 avatars defined? (7 variants). Does it have to be a number divisible by 2?

NVMD, it turned out that the game crashes if you delete the STR_NONE_UC from the list of armors (even if it's not used)
« Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 11:28:47 am by Dioxine »

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: March 17, 2016, 04:11:10 pm »
Is there any possibility of a crash due to having 56 avatars defined? (7 variants). Does it have to be a number divisible by 2?

NVMD, it turned out that the game crashes if you delete the STR_NONE_UC from the list of armors (even if it's not used)

STR_NONE_UC is used (hard-coded) on few places (even in vanilla, and also in OXCE+).
I can look if we can unhardcode all these places, but it requires some effort.

Why do you want to get rid of this default armor?

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #760 on: March 19, 2016, 11:19:53 am »
In short, bacause it is getting in the way with it's hard-codeness, and creating disorder in my armor lists. Also it is linked to the word NONE which I cannot change to, say, UNARMORED beacuse you'll have WEAPON>UNARMORED in each empty craft weapon slot. I had to use a fake entry to circumvent that and I wanted to get rid of this. But nvmd, I blocked it off with a research that doesn't exist so you can only access it in QB. I can also block it off on the list for each race.
However there is a minor problem I'd be happy to see fixed. If you equip a default armor to an unit, the armor selection button says ARMOR> SOMETHING instead of just SOMETHING.

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #761 on: March 19, 2016, 05:27:41 pm »
Just wanted to chime in here that I've built a mod for PirateZ based on the bigSpriteAlt: functionality of OXCE 2.9.  (I hope the jump to scripting in 3.0 doesn't break my brain, but if it does, I'll ask Yankes for help. ;)  )

https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,4424.0.html

Cheers, Ivan :D

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: March 19, 2016, 06:05:59 pm »
bigSpriteAlt: functionality of OXCE 2.9.(I hope the jump to scripting in 3.0 doesn't break my brain, but if it does, I'll ask Yankes for help. ;)  )
I will supply example script that have same behavior as old functionality. Biggest grain will be that it allow more than one version to choose (e.g. separate sprite for each face/hair color).

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: March 22, 2016, 01:33:41 am »
Small update on current progress.

Right now I'm finishing basic functionality required for new features. Right now only thing left in it is automatic self documentation of scripts.
When I done it I will finally start implementing new features. I expect that will take me around 4 weeks to release 3.0 version.

Some features that should be available in 3.0 (some already implemented, other still in plans):
- items are now available in scripts
- you can get items held in hands of unit (rest of inventory or ground is unavailable)
- custom rulesets properties of items and units available in scripts
- bonus stats will be able to use scripts for calculation of bonuses
- custom recoloring and switching graphic for items
- scripts access to unit reactions and maybe visibility too
- special scripts that will handling unit damage and defense

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: March 24, 2016, 02:01:06 pm »
In short, bacause it is getting in the way with it's hard-codeness, and creating disorder in my armor lists. Also it is linked to the word NONE which I cannot change to, say, UNARMORED beacuse you'll have WEAPON>UNARMORED in each empty craft weapon slot. I had to use a fake entry to circumvent that and I wanted to get rid of this. But nvmd, I blocked it off with a research that doesn't exist so you can only access it in QB. I can also block it off on the list for each race.
However there is a minor problem I'd be happy to see fixed. If you equip a default armor to an unit, the armor selection button says ARMOR> SOMETHING instead of just SOMETHING.

OK, I looked at it and it is used on 3 places:

1. OXCE+ "deequip all armor" hotkey... I can change that to "equip a default armor per solder type" (and create that armor out of thin air if necessary)

2. vanilla default for last selected armor... for the right-click in the craft armor screen... I can change that too, but it raises a question how should the right-click work when using multiple soldier types with different supported armors

I.e. let's have soldier type 1 = xcom and soldier type 2 = dogs... both of which have distinct armor types, if I start right-clicking power suits on soldiers... what should happen when I come to dogs? Nothing? Error? Equip power suit on dogs? :)

3. the ARMOR> NONE label is not hardcoded for NONE armor, it is set to any default armor, so if you change default armor to let's say power suits, it will still say ARMOR> POWER SUIT.... I can remove that completely, if you'd prefer as I don't see any real purpose to it.