aliens

Author Topic: [OLD] Old OXCE discussion thread  (Read 663214 times)

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [EXE] OpenXcom Extended
« Reply #570 on: October 25, 2015, 03:31:01 pm »
If you only want that after successful mission one of research topic will grain progress then it will be at some point possible.

Offline KingMob4313

• Commander
  • Never let me down again.
    • View Profile
    • Mod Hub for Equal Terms 2.0
« Reply #571 on: October 25, 2015, 05:10:29 pm »
If you only want that after successful mission one of research topic will grain progress then it will be at some point possible.

That's pretty good. But just spinnning some ideas out there.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #572 on: October 29, 2015, 04:21:56 pm »
Hey,
Where can I download the required Nightly (19 sept. for 2.5 OXCE)? I know it's on the Git Hub, but I'm kinda lazy and incompetent regarding that system... Question void if you're planning a new release soon, Yankes :)

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: October 29, 2015, 08:42:38 pm »
No new version soon, I'm now around 1/3 done and I need couple of full working days to finish. This mean week or more to do it.

In attachment there is data for version 2.5

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #574 on: November 07, 2015, 12:54:04 pm »
@Extra soldiers stats (a'la UFO:Afterlight or whatever).
Why not add these stats as userStat1...10 or whatever, the number should be a multiply of the current stats number, so you could see them through multiplied/switchable soldier's stat windows. The gist of things is that a modder would define what these new stats do, how are they named etc. That'd make for a new entity in the ruleset, like 'items' are now. The 2 properties I can think of now would be 'production' and 'science'. The properties would also include how and if the stat grows. (it'd also mean one could tweak how the original stats work; this also reminds me - there should be an option in any weapon to set what skill is trained by firing it, as in, snap, aim & auto). Naturally even without any properties the new stats could be used to influence weapon's damage, armor regen etc.

Offline moriarty

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Luke's OX mod site
« Reply #575 on: November 07, 2015, 01:30:06 pm »

The 2 properties I can think of now would be 'production' and 'science'.

...and 'piloting'...

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: November 07, 2015, 04:50:41 pm »
Why not add these stats as userStat1...10 or whatever, the number should be a multiply of the current stats number, so you could see them through multiplied/switchable soldier's stat windows. The gist of things is that a modder would define what these new stats do, how are they named etc. That'd make for a new entity in the ruleset, like 'items' are now. The 2 properties I can think of now would be 'production' and 'science'. The properties would also include how and if the stat grows. (it'd also mean one could tweak how the original stats work; this also reminds me - there should be an option in any weapon to set what skill is trained by firing it, as in, snap, aim & auto). Naturally even without any properties the new stats could be used to influence weapon's damage, armor regen etc.
I have some thing like that in my far plans. Most objects in game will have customizable properties not used by game:

Code: [Select]
armors:
  - type: STR_SOMETHING
    custom:
      XPIRATEZ_MOJO_2: 5
      XPIRATEZ_CRAFT_BONUS: 10
      OTHER_MOD_WEAPON_MULTIPLER: 100       

After that in script that have access to armor you could use this values in any way you want.

Offline DracoGriffin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • Steam: DracoGriffin
« Reply #577 on: November 07, 2015, 07:54:53 pm »

Oh no I can see where this is all going!

Offline cowboy

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: November 17, 2015, 04:43:47 am »
Hi, I'm new here, but have been playing OpenXcom and Piratez for a while.  Loving every minute.  Is there any more documentation for OpenXcom Extended besides the readme and this forum?  I have a pretty good idea how to work with it thanks to the .rul files that come with Piratez, but I'm sure there are features I haven't discovered yet.  I would like to create a "total conversion" mod in the spirit of piratez, but separate from both piratez and original xcom. Thanks!

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #579 on: November 17, 2015, 02:40:07 pm »
https://www.openxcom.com/mod/openxcom-extended This is the full documentation, but to understand it fully, you have to learn modding OXCom to at least some degree. Try also this site for normal OXC modding (all of this works in OXCE as well): https://www.ufopaedia.org/index.php?title=Ruleset_Reference_Nightly_%28OpenXcom%29#Map_Scripts

Oh yeah and making a proper Total Conversion takes a year or three, so be prepared :)

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: November 17, 2015, 07:30:06 pm »
Hi, I'm new here, but have been playing OpenXcom and Piratez for a while.  Loving every minute.  Is there any more documentation for OpenXcom Extended besides the readme and this forum?  I have a pretty good idea how to work with it thanks to the .rul files that come with Piratez, but I'm sure there are features I haven't discovered yet.  I would like to create a "total conversion" mod in the spirit of piratez, but separate from both piratez and original xcom. Thanks!
Readme is complete documentation of Extended version. And as Dioxine said, target demographic is people who know OXC modding and want more that basic version give.

Offline cowboy

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: November 18, 2015, 07:42:46 am »
https://www.openxcom.com/mod/openxcom-extended This is the full documentation, but to understand it fully, you have to learn modding OXCom to at least some degree. Try also this site for normal OXC modding (all of this works in OXCE as well): https://www.ufopaedia.org/index.php?title=Ruleset_Reference_Nightly_%28OpenXcom%29#Map_Scripts

Oh yeah and making a proper Total Conversion takes a year or three, so be prepared :)

Awesome, thanks for the reply.  I have been working with those guides so far, and I think I enjoy modding xcom as much as playing it.  Long road ahead, I understand.  I can't imagine a project as huge and detailed as Piratez.  Kudos, Dioxine!

Time to get at it. I will start a thread here if I ever get something remotely playable. 

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #582 on: November 20, 2015, 09:48:55 pm »
Hmm, add ability to gunMelee and (maybe, if not too difficult) to shoot & be primed to all Battletypes? :)

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: November 20, 2015, 09:53:24 pm »
Rookie #1: Incoming! OH MY GOD IT'S A CHRYSSALID!! *runs away screaming*
Rookie #2: *panics and prime whatever he had in his hands, drops it and run*
*Chryssalid steps on a primed medkit, gets exposed to a weird cocktail of all kind of drugs, overdoses and falls in a coma*
Commander: Quartermaster! We need more medkits to take out those aliens. Forget about the grenades, they weren't enough.

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: November 20, 2015, 11:13:31 pm »
Hmm, add ability to gunMelee and (maybe, if not too difficult) to shoot & be primed to all Battletypes? :)
At some point melee could be add, I don't recall any big road block that could prevent it. Shooting will be bit harder because psi-amp share stats with weapons, except that you want fireball from psi-amp instead of psistorm :) For priming right now all items can by primed but if it is not grenade it will disappear when time run outs.

Today or tomorrow I will release new bug fix version.