aliens

Author Topic: [OLD] Old OXCE discussion thread  (Read 663220 times)

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [EXE] OpenXcom Extended
« Reply #435 on: July 07, 2015, 09:47:52 pm »
Making "chain" detonation isn't hard, current game allow queue different explosions, repeating one is not hard.

But what about with that unintended "chain" explosions, can you reproduce it? Or in what circumstance it happened?
Remember that in my version one explosion can't stop another e.g. all proxy can explode when you step on two.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #436 on: July 08, 2015, 05:04:42 pm »
Just throw any grenade & end turn, an unintended double detonation is almost certain to happen. I will send you a save.

EDIT: Actually sending a save is pointless, it happens all the time with Piratez. Might be an unexpected side effect of my grenades having 250 armor (ie. being indestructible by their own power).
« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 10:08:36 pm by Dioxine »

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: July 08, 2015, 11:40:14 pm »
Impossible, if explosion was needed to remove grenade then whole game would loop because second one could not do it either.
I mess up logics some were. Armor only expose this bug.

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: July 10, 2015, 11:29:37 pm »
Bug fix version is ready. I add recent commits form master branch, this mean I could add new bugs to it :D

Offline new_civilian

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: July 12, 2015, 05:44:40 pm »
The craft weapon screen is somehow buggy and weird now, it is off-center and the weapon names are not where they should be.

Talking about new bugs, the nightly also introduced an off-center mission abort screen text, whixch is now included in your exe. I reported the bug over the wiki.
And thanks for fixing the double explosion thing.

fwiw: melee reaction attacks already work, I saw that in a recent game, was VERY surprised.

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: July 12, 2015, 08:12:59 pm »
craft bug caused  by:
Bug fix version is ready. I add recent commits form master branch, this mean I could add new bugs to it :D
And for reaction, I didn't touch it jet. Probably another miss merge.

Offline robin

• Commander
  • ULTIMATE ROOKIE
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: July 15, 2015, 12:34:31 am »
I played around with this a bit (ver 2.3a + latest nightly).
Potentially useless feedback (because issues might be my fault):
 -- I'm getting only "OpenXcom 1.0" in the main menu screen;
 -- Shoot down a custom UFO and it spawned a never-ending wave of retaliation UFOs, even though the specific alien race had "retaliation: false";
 -- Terror UFOs keep roaming around but no terror site ever happens.**
Also I can't say if any of this is imputable to OXC, rather than Extended. Was just a quick lazy testing.

** this was my fault.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 11:44:03 am by robin »

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: July 15, 2015, 01:11:28 am »
"retaliation: false" only work like basic version. To get no retaliation after shooting down ufo you should use "retaliationAggression: -100".

Offline robin

• Commander
  • ULTIMATE ROOKIE
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: July 15, 2015, 07:19:13 pm »
Another thing I noticed is that, when something explodes, the colors get "inverted" for a fraction of a second. Like in the image attached (the image is fake, I recreated the effect because I wasn't able to screenshot it, it's too brief).
Don't know if it is exclusive to the Extended version or not.

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: July 15, 2015, 11:49:47 pm »
This should be explosion flash form TFTD, probably another miss merge from my side. In weekend I will try fix all this bugs, and maybe add some new features.

Offline Searmay

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: July 18, 2015, 12:06:45 am »
I assume this is a bug with Extended - it affects X-Piratez, but not the unmodified game:

Explosion hits are not attributed to the soldier that causes them for training and promotion. They do get credited with kills though. Tested with the Piratez black powder bomb ("direct fire" grenade), grenade launcher, and standard (prime + throw) grenade.

From some other comments it might affect incendiaries as well.

Version is whatever git cloned last weekend, so probably pretty current.

Offline wsmithjr

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: July 18, 2015, 08:16:34 pm »
I apologize if this is a stupid question, but ...

I've read the posts at the beginning of the thread about Extended.  What I haven't quite figured out yet ... does Extended change the OXC game experience in and of itself, or does it only allow mods to do different things than vanilla?  So, if I install Extended and play it without any other mods, is it noticeably different from OXC?  Impressive list of changes in the first post but they seemed mostly to cater to mod authors.

Thanks for any help.

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: July 18, 2015, 11:26:34 pm »
Only minimal changes for normal users, 95% of it is for modders.

Offline robin

• Commander
  • ULTIMATE ROOKIE
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: July 20, 2015, 10:43:02 am »
I had a weird thing where both the medi-kits I equipped couldn't be used.
When clicking on "Use Medi-Kit" I was returned a red "STR_NO_USES_LEFT" (missing text string?) warning.

The unit was "on fire" (little flame burning on the unit) when I first got the message while trying to use the medi-kit.
I had used the medi-kits in the 2 previous missions but I really don't think I emptied them both (also normally an empty medi-kit should still work, just having its values at 0).

(Medkit is not the vanilla medkit, but it is 1:1 in ruleset terms, the difference is the main string, which is "STR_MEDIKIT2", all the rest is exactly the same as vanilla medikit).

Offline new_civilian

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: July 20, 2015, 11:21:58 am »
Happened to me, too, but i had forgotten to set the medikittype.  :)

Something I am not sure if it is a Extended exe or normal exe thing: Flame weapons no longer do any worthwhile damage. In some older exes my heatray weapons were really usable, right now everything incendiary/heat is useless, except if you add something like TOHEALTH 3.5 to the ammo, which makes them rather.... well, they are too strong and kill everything outright or they do no damage at all.... go figure.

Ah, one thing: Could explosion sounds be made customizable, too. Right now everything from tiny flame greneades over stunbombs to blaster launchers to modded nukes uses the same sound....  :-\