Author Topic: [OLD] Old OXCE discussion thread  (Read 663535 times)

Offline new_civilian

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: OpenXcom Extended
« Reply #150 on: November 01, 2014, 02:45:26 pm »
Awesome!  :)  Downloaded it atm, my free weekend is ruined now  ;D

edit: tested it the whole day and night and it works like a charm! That overkill feature is so cool.  8)
Oh and nice to see you found the grenade problem thingie and corrected it!  ;)

Modder "tip": Regarding the ALTSPRITE function: After a while of testing several things I think that simply adding a tiny yellow X to the graphics works best for me, it is easily doable and visible. That and you do NOT need new graphics which makes things easier and safer in the battlefield.  ;)
« Last Edit: November 02, 2014, 04:54:18 pm by new_civilian »

Offline new_civilian

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [EXE] OpenXcom Extended
« Reply #151 on: November 07, 2014, 04:46:51 pm »
Just realized that the ability of fixed weapons in armor allows for armed civilians. Now they could wield pistols or combat knifes.... :)

*have to test this!*

edit: Doesn't work.  :-[ It seems to be a original OpenXcom problem, though.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 02:48:06 pm by new_civilian »

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: November 10, 2014, 08:58:51 pm »
Just realized that the ability of fixed weapons in armor allows for armed civilians. Now they could wield pistols or combat knifes.... :)

*have to test this!*

edit: Doesn't work.  :-[ It seems to be a original OpenXcom problem, though.
I recently walked close to that code, and I can confirm that civilians don't load any items. I could add this but there is bigger problem. Civilians don't have any AI to use weapons. This will probably require lot of work to fix it.

Meanwhile I added interaction of stunned unit with fire and no-explosive weapons. Additionally I fix spawning code of chryssalid, it can now spawn with plasma rifle and don't require special weapon type.

Exe will be ready when I finish small overhaul of psi-weapons, codename "Psionic Storm" :D

Offline new_civilian

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: November 14, 2014, 12:25:03 pm »
Hah! Just when I was about to report on the PSI-weapons. I discovered when you edit their additional damage to 0 (because you don`t want the physical damage they do) they also stop working as they should, you can not control/panic any units wit PSI anymore, you have to either have them damage the enemy when you try to panic/control those, or you have a non-working PSI...

I even tried 0.00001 as a damage but that didn`t work either. Same for the alien side. I wondered why none of my troops got ever panicked or controlled through the whole game until I was able to use PSI attacks myself. ;D
A soldier with 100 PSI strength and 84 PSI skill couldn't do anything even when standing right next to the alien.

Offline bladum

• Colonel
  • Bladum
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: November 14, 2014, 07:10:15 pm »
i have simple idea:

- additional stat for weapon that would modify power damage from its ammo from range 0 to N%

sample of usage:

- aliens have 3 weapons pistol, rifle and heavy
- aliens have single clip that match all weapons
- aliens have stronger clip that has better power similar to poison A B C from apocalypse. Each clip has different ammo but there are also 3 different weapons. Normally this would require 9 ammo clips which is somehow redundant

Tom

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: November 14, 2014, 10:13:54 pm »
Hah! Just when I was about to report on the PSI-weapons. I discovered when you edit their additional damage to 0 (because you don`t want the physical damage they do) they also stop working as they should, you can not control/panic any units wit PSI anymore, you have to either have them damage the enemy when you try to panic/control those, or you have a non-working PSI...

I even tried 0.00001 as a damage but that didn`t work either. Same for the alien side. I wondered why none of my troops got ever panicked or controlled through the whole game until I was able to use PSI attacks myself. ;D
A soldier with 100 PSI strength and 84 PSI skill couldn't do anything even when standing right next to the alien.
psi weapon don't do damage form power, it's should treat this as bonus to "MC" chance, at least I tried do it in that way. Right now I'm busy and can't check out this now. Probably in next week I will be able find some time to fix it.

Offline new_civilian

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: November 17, 2014, 04:56:01 pm »
Ah sorry for my somewhat unclear description: What I mean is: you gave the PSI-weapons a 0.02 damage by default. I wanted to get rid of that so I set the number to 0.0. That`s when they stopped to work.

I did not add an additional bonus, I mereley changed the default (invisible, hard-coded one) to zero.

And yes, take your time, I`m more than happy with the current version.  8)

Offline robin

• Commander
  • ULTIMATE ROOKIE
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: November 17, 2014, 07:14:55 pm »
Does OXC Extended support "dual wielding" tanks?

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: November 18, 2014, 12:51:08 am »
Does OXC Extended support "dual wielding" tanks?
two fixed weapon on one tank? It should work.

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: November 23, 2014, 05:17:39 am »
New version is ready.

Updated to recent warboy changes.
I fixed bug with psi amp that deal damage to unit, in long run it will be feature but right now is bug (you still do this if you change psiamp damage type).
Stunned unit can be kill by normal weapon if you hit place where its lay. Fire affect them too.
You can change default alien psi weapon per armor or race (its share slot with melee weapon).

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: November 23, 2014, 05:34:41 am »
Nice changes! I really gotta get around to using your version (but I've had enough issues compiling nightlies, I'm not ready yet for something else...).

Do you think it would be possible to code things such that the alien psi-weapon can be given in the itemlevels?

That would allow mods where the psi-powers vary with time, even within a given race. I want to make a mod where aliens get a few psi-weapons:

- one that requires LoS, so it not a major factor for beginning players fighting sectoids
- one that doesn't, but has a large TU cost for mid game. You can be attacked anywhere/anytime BUT it won't be 10 times a turn.
- one that doesn't require LoS and has a really low TU cost, making psi-powers a real threat (or at least mitigating the waste of TUs it is for aliens when they try to use psi-powers against hand-picked, psi-hardened XCom operatives)

Offline robin

• Commander
  • ULTIMATE ROOKIE
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: November 23, 2014, 11:36:45 am »
Dumb question.

Does the extended exe work as a "launcher" for vanilla exe, or is it "its own exe", replacing vanilla exe (do I need to rename it "openxcom.exe" after deleting vanilla exe?)?
« Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 11:40:14 am by robin »

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: November 23, 2014, 02:11:28 pm »
@Arthanor right now is build in alien unit, it can't be easy altered by itemlevels. One way to easy fix that is give aliens normal psiamp as weapon and allow alien AI to use it.

@robin this is separate exe with different name, after installing it you can chose which exe to run. Both exe can live together fine.

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: November 23, 2014, 08:23:18 pm »
That would be cool. I wish someone could do that  :D

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: December 03, 2014, 02:02:23 am »
New shining things:

Armor can have build in regeneration.
You can custom load and unload cost (+ you need pay cost of moving items around inventory).
You can unprime grenade using unload button (I leave requirement for 2 empty hands as feature).

My next goal will be continuation of altering psi weapons.