aliens

Author Topic: [BETA][WIP][BUNCHOFSTUFF] Xeno Operations v0.97  (Read 122859 times)

Offline SIMON

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [BETA][WIP][BUNCHOFSTUFF] Xeno Operations Mod -0.958 Update
« Reply #360 on: January 28, 2018, 09:12:39 pm »
Just tried v0.958 and get a crash upon starting a new game, no save available. Tried it on both the latest nightly and latest opxce+ but save result-see picture. When I tried using opxce+ it will allow me to start a new battle but not new game!

Offline FeruEnzeru[RETIRED/I QUIT]

• Colonel
  • retired, because of Meridian and his followers. 👎
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: January 28, 2018, 09:44:12 pm »
Just tried v0.958 and get a crash upon starting a new game, no save available. Tried it on both the latest nightly and latest opxce+ but save result-see picture. When I tried using opxce+ it will allow me to start a new battle but not new game!
Oh noes! Looks like you have to email him about it. :(

EDIT: I'd never tried the newest version of his mod (I know you have your OXC crashed).

I'll try it until i have downloaded all of the OpenXCOM mods from the forums including the mod portal (from the list) to my PCs then.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2018, 09:48:44 pm by FeruEnzeru »

Offline XOps

• Colonel
  • Guy who drowns first
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: January 30, 2018, 08:21:37 am »
Great to see you back, man.

Please let us know if you need any X-Com resources; so much stuff was made these past few years, there's a fair chance something you need already exists. ;)

I'm actually more interested in how far openxcom extended has come.

Do you plan add love triangle to your mod? :D
That's just inevitable. There is no escaping love triangles.  :)

Disable all other mods first. See if that's the problem. Anything that messes with soldiers are armors might be the culprit. It runs on both extended and the most recent nightly for me.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #363 on: January 30, 2018, 11:06:12 am »
OXCE+ has gone pretty far already, and still going strong. :)

Meridian's thread contains a comprehensive list of changes and links to specific features with explanations. But if you want a more direct source of information, I strongly recommend joining Discord (where most of X-Com community does business nowadays) and particularly the Piratez server, where Meridian made a home for OXCE+ development. Meridian is also on the Openxcom server and the X-Com Files server.

Offline SIMON

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: January 30, 2018, 03:29:35 pm »
Found the guilty culprit, seems that the attached mod is incompatible with Xeno Ops.

Edit: The attached mod will allow a new game to start so long as xeno ops is lower in the mods screen-see attached.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2018, 06:26:33 pm by SIMON »

Offline The Think Tank

• Captain
  • "If we can't see them, they can't see us!" - Rook
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: January 31, 2018, 01:28:42 am »
Goodness me, you have no idea how excited it makes me to see this mod is kicking once more. Best of luck to ya, Xeno!

Offline Yataka Shimaoka

• Colonel
  • I'm the trouble maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: February 03, 2018, 02:21:35 pm »
A quick gift of appreciation to Xops

Offline SIMON

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: February 17, 2018, 11:23:03 pm »
In my current game I may have found a potential bug. I have kept a record of all live aliens captured which equals a muton soldier, muton navigator and a floater navigator but after researching them, I can seemingly research them over and over again. I should only get a dead body back to my stores. Playing xeno operations v0.958 with oxce+ v3.10a of 31/01/18.

--- posts merged. Why so much double posting lately? ---

Forgot to add on previous post that I really enjoy the new design of the ufos as it adds another dimension to the challenge. In the meantime I'm still keeping a record of the aliens I capture and after researching a particular type/rank I sell it to avoid "cheating".
« Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 11:34:34 pm by Solarius Scorch »

Offline SIMON

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: March 02, 2018, 12:52:58 am »
A few observations during my current game: (1) Is it intentional that harvesters don't have a leader? (2) The shock weapons don't appear to have any ufopedia info about them, really do like the shock cannon as a lot of the enemies go down with 1 hit. (3) Currently playing on oxce+ v3.10a of 31/01/18 and I'm into the 2nd year but have only reached stage 3 of the codex.

Offline FeruEnzeru[RETIRED/I QUIT]

• Colonel
  • retired, because of Meridian and his followers. 👎
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: March 02, 2018, 01:30:33 am »
(2) The shock weapons don't appear to have any ufopedia info about them,
Maybe there's issues with the mod's extraStrings (probably English and/or other language strings) ruleset files. Go to your Notepad+++ and find STR_SHOCK_CANNON_UFOPEDIA or other STR parts of the ruleset.
@SIMON
I haven't been playing XOps' Xeno Operations Mod for a long time since i got the newest version of the mod (I also know they are crashes, bugs, issues and problems with starting a campaign with version 0.958 instead 0.957), been like forever and ever.

I'll play this mod, or Hardmode Expansion (Man. That was a good mod which was very intense with smarter AI since i played it), or FMP, or Reaver's Faithful Megamod (Unless i have Luke's Extra UFOs mod on there because it's recommended for that mod) until i'm finish playing and continuing my Experienced Ironman Campaign with 10 Mods i'm using (i'm using the Shotgun, C&C Death Sounds, Attack Dogs, Alien Inventory, Gauss Weapons, Flamethrower, Ironman Suit, Reaver's Tanks, UGVs and Training Room (OXCE and OXCE+ Only) mods with OXCE+, but no 'Buyable Armors' mod because i think some starting buyable armor mods like the 'Improved Uniforms' mod by Fox105iwsp are having sprite/palette issues) at Friday (7:00 AM-12:00 AM).

Good luck with your OXC game and campaign issues then.  :-\
« Last Edit: March 02, 2018, 03:02:01 am by FeruEnzeru »

Offline blackwolf

• Captain
  • im back...i guess
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: March 03, 2018, 07:40:23 am »
this mod is absolutely gorgeous, im trapped playing it while also playing the Warhammer 40k total conversion and also the X-files...im like an absolute madman not being able to decide which one keep playing and just keep switching between them but i have to say this is one of my favourites.....if i could only ask or request something..... It would be to have some of your beautiful work on the base tile (i mean the Xcom ones), i play battles time to time just to keep looking to such wonderful sprite work....but always keep wondering if someday the dull gray-brownish ugly tiles/sprites from vainilla xcom base are gonna be washed out like he did with the alien base, i hope that glorius day come (no matter how far it may look i wish that day comes :p).

Ps. maybe i could ask also the sprite for the nerve armour have matching purple lights so they could be EVEN more unique...but thats like nonsensical whinning tho.

Thanks for all your work XOps, im anxious to keep watching (and obviously playing with) all your future work :D.

Offline SIMON

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: April 19, 2018, 04:58:34 pm »
An avoidable crash has just occured as research finishes at midnight-see attached. I can in the meantime just pause the research on the floater medic.

Offline Yataka Shimaoka

• Colonel
  • I'm the trouble maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: April 20, 2018, 01:17:59 pm »
That's a known crash, since muton guards doesn't have any paedia topics, advise is don't research medic classes

Offline leekall

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: June 18, 2018, 07:41:01 am »
where is the link to download VR 0.0958

Offline yergnoor

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: June 18, 2018, 08:00:21 am »
where is the link to download VR 0.0958
The XenoOperations0.958.zip file is attached to the first comment of this topic.