Author Topic: [BETA][WIP][BUNCHOFSTUFF] Xeno Operations v0.98  (Read 233521 times)

Offline Ridаn

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: [BETA][WIP][BUNCHOFSTUFF] Xeno Operations Mod
« Reply #150 on: January 29, 2015, 02:43:36 pm »
I get a crash to desktop every time UAV is destroyed, or when mission, which I take UAVs on, is completed.
I used two unarmed UAVs.
2015_01_23nightly, only mod I run at the same time as Xops is "Extra Pockets" mod. Version of Xops is 0.90.

Great work on the mod, really enjoy it so far.

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #151 on: January 29, 2015, 02:50:28 pm »
I get a crash to desktop every time UAV is destroyed, or when mission, which I take UAVs on, is completed.

The crash on destruction can come from not having a floor object of the UAV corpse, and might be good to have  a BIGOP of it too.  I don't think this would crash it on mission completion, though.

Offline Duke_Falcon

• Colonel
  • *Visit my DA site - click on the small globe!*
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #152 on: January 31, 2015, 10:56:55 am »
I used two unarmed UAVs.

Have the same problem. Dark side that I met this at the end of a terror mission what I do not really want to replay :(

Offline Ridаn

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: February 25, 2015, 10:40:40 am »
Found a couple of messed up pictures in Ufopedia.

Offline XOps

• Colonel
  • Guy who drowns first
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: February 25, 2015, 06:44:41 pm »
I used two unarmed UAVs.
2015_01_23nightly, only mod I run at the same time as Xops is "Extra Pockets" mod. Version of Xops is 0.90.

Have the same problem. Dark side that I met this at the end of a terror mission what I do not really want to replay :(

Found a couple of messed up pictures in Ufopedia.

:o >:( Stupid HWPs. They ruin everything. Seriously, I don't know why those give me so much trouble. I'll try to get these ironed out for V0.95. Got the tech tree fleshed out and I am working on ufopaedia entries now. Also added a teir 2 rocket launcher. Also redone a bunch of the muton sprites to have armor. Because that is exactly what mutons needed. More armor.  :P

Offline Ridаn

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: February 25, 2015, 07:40:07 pm »
Yes! That is what I was waiting for - more fancy looking weapons to go with this custom-xcom-ballistic-weapon style.
I have completed your mod on veteran and started a superhuman run a couple days ago, and just want to say that this thing is awesome, and so are you.

Are you planning to have custom Heavy Cannon and Autocannon equivalent to replace default Xcom weaponry by 1.0 release? And having a custom tier1 rocket launcher would be cool too.
If you do not mind borrowing someone else`s work, there is a few weapons with kinda familiar style, whose graphics you can use as a placeholder at least (all are from Dioxine`s Piratez mod, or at least that`s where I encountered them for the first time).

Also things I would love to see included in the future are grenade launchers (basic buyable one, and probably an advanced one, developed from alien small launcher) and single shot rocket launchers.

Offline XOps

• Colonel
  • Guy who drowns first
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: February 26, 2015, 05:23:21 am »
Yes! That is what I was waiting for - more fancy looking weapons to go with this custom-xcom-ballistic-weapon style.
I have completed your mod on veteran and started a superhuman run a couple days ago, and just want to say that this thing is awesome, and so are you.

Are you planning to have custom Heavy Cannon and Autocannon equivalent to replace default Xcom weaponry by 1.0 release? And having a custom tier1 rocket launcher would be cool too.
If you do not mind borrowing someone else`s work, there is a few weapons with kinda familiar style, whose graphics you can use as a placeholder at least (all are from Dioxine`s Piratez mod, or at least that`s where I encountered them for the first time).

Also things I would love to see included in the future are grenade launchers (basic buyable one, and probably an advanced one, developed from alien small launcher) and single shot rocket launchers.

Thanks Ridan. I do plan to one day make tiered versions of the heavy and auto cannon. Hope to do a teir 1 rocket launcher too. I actually have like a bunch of different versions of those, I'm just not satisfied with any of them yet. I have seen the redone weapons you posted. In fact, I used that rocket launcher as my inspiration. I do also one day plan to implement a grenade launcher. Still on the fence about single shot rocket launchers. I personally never found them very useful, but I know other players like them who don't rely on dedicated tank killer teams like I do. I will add it in if I manage a good sprite for it. Most of that though is on the back burner as my focus is still trying to get the tech tree fully implemented.

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
  • Infiltration subroutine in progress
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: February 27, 2015, 02:45:33 am »
:o >:( Stupid HWPs. They ruin everything. Seriously, I don't know why those give me so much trouble. I'll try to get these ironed out for V0.95. Got the tech tree fleshed out and I am working on ufopaedia entries now. Also added a teir 2 rocket launcher. Also redone a bunch of the muton sprites to have armor. Because that is exactly what mutons needed. More armor.  :P

I just tried 0.90 on New Battle mode and I get no crashes when the UAV got destroyed but it crashes if the mission ends with 1 left alive.

This is what seems to be causing the crash, on the UAV entry on items:
Code: [Select]
    battleType: 10
This defines the UAV as an Electro-Flare. Don't know if it is intentional but changing the value to 1 (standard HWP value) will stop the end of mission crashes.

« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 02:56:23 am by Hobbes »

Offline XOps

• Colonel
  • Guy who drowns first
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: February 27, 2015, 03:45:03 am »
I just tried 0.90 on New Battle mode and I get no crashes when the UAV got destroyed but it crashes if the mission ends with 1 left alive.

This is what seems to be causing the crash, on the UAV entry on items:
Code: [Select]
    battleType: 10
This defines the UAV as an Electro-Flare. Don't know if it is intentional but changing the value to 1 (standard HWP value) will stop the end of mission crashes.

I'll give that a try. Thanks Hobbes! I think I originally set that to 10 because I was trying to give the UAV a flare to throw, but had to scrap the concept since HWPs aren't allow to throw things.

Edit
Since the mod site is down
https://www.dropbox.com/s/vl120t51n9zekr4/XenoOperationsBetaV0.90.zip?dl=0
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 05:49:29 pm by XOps »

Offline ThatDude

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: March 07, 2015, 05:07:56 am »
Crashes to desktop while trying to start alien base missions, I have latest nightly.

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
  • Infiltration subroutine in progress
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: March 07, 2015, 06:18:51 am »
Crashes to desktop while trying to start alien base missions, I have latest nightly.

Any mods that change the alienMissions or alienDeployments need to be updated to work with the latest nightly.

Offline XOps

• Colonel
  • Guy who drowns first
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: March 07, 2015, 05:55:27 pm »

Trying to replicate. Can't seem to manage it even with legacy versions of Xeno Ops. Do you have a save?

Offline ThatDude

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: March 07, 2015, 08:37:02 pm »
Trying to replicate. Can't seem to manage it even with legacy versions of Xeno Ops. Do you have a save?
I do have a save, however, I'm having trouble finding where the latest nightly puts it's save files. Try replicating the bug with both XOps and the built-in PSX Static Cydonia, those are the only mods I had enabled (I wasn't using lite). Also, the modsite is up again for me.

Offline kikimoristan

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: March 07, 2015, 11:25:52 pm »
yo use F12 to get smaller screenshots :)
also nice stuff over here

Offline ThatDude

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: March 08, 2015, 06:20:26 pm »
I do have a save, however, I'm having trouble finding where the latest nightly puts it's save files. Try replicating the bug with both XOps and the built-in PSX Static Cydonia, those are the only mods I had enabled (I wasn't using lite). Also, the modsite is up again for me. I tried a whole new game without PSX Static Cydonia and I still crash upon start alien base missions. I'm using latest nightly and latest XOps.