aliens

Author Topic: [BETA][WIP][BUNCHOFSTUFF] Xeno Operations v0.98  (Read 233539 times)

Offline Hoodrich

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Re: [BETA][WIP][BUNCHOFSTUFF] Xeno Operations Mod -0.957 Update
« Reply #300 on: February 07, 2016, 07:08:34 pm »
Great mod, amazing and for me, incredibly difficult!
I believe I have found bugs in the mod, I am not sure if they are in the game by design although I am fairly convinced they are not.( I am using Nightlies 2016-01-30)
-When I start a game and build a base, I have two manufacture options: The Defense Contract and The Laser Sword. I believe Defense contract is supposed to be there but I believe the laser sword is a bug. I have noticed that after researching a few items the in early game I can no longer manufacture the laser sword.
-When I research an alien weapon I cannot equip it in a craft or manufacture it and I have noticed that even after I have researched it, it still reads Alien Artifact in the battlescape, but it appears I can use them on battlescape, but not equip them into  a craft.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 07:18:12 pm by Hoodrich »

Offline XOps

• Colonel
  • Guy who drowns first
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: February 09, 2016, 05:27:12 am »
Great mod, amazing and for me, incredibly difficult!
I believe I have found bugs in the mod, I am not sure if they are in the game by design although I am fairly convinced they are not.( I am using Nightlies 2016-01-30)
-When I start a game and build a base, I have two manufacture options: The Defense Contract and The Laser Sword. I believe Defense contract is supposed to be there but I believe the laser sword is a bug. I have noticed that after researching a few items the in early game I can no longer manufacture the laser sword.

So I'm not crazy. I kept seeing that laser sword bug myself, but then it would vanish before I could fix it. Stupid phantom bug.

-When I research an alien weapon I cannot equip it in a craft or manufacture it and I have noticed that even after I have researched it, it still reads Alien Artifact in the battlescape, but it appears I can use them on battlescape, but not equip them into  a craft.

Not a bug, just a lazy modder who needs to update his alien weapon UFOpaedia entries. An inability to use alien weapons is a design feature of the mod. Researching only reveals weapon statistics. Later Codex research gradually unlocks alien weapons for use, but there is no way to manufacture alien weapons, but late game research does allow XCom to build their own versions.

Thank you for the feedback.  :)

Offline chaosshade

• Colonel
  • The Harpy
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: February 09, 2016, 05:53:45 am »
I love the mod, XOps, been looking forward to the next set of updates.  I love scavving your weapon sprites!

Offline blackwolf

• Colonel
  • im back...i guess
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: February 10, 2016, 08:45:46 am »
this mod looks pretty cool indeed, i love the high techie sci fi vibe you got here.....and man DAAAAT GIFF THO  8) 8)...i love how a lot of stuff is animated in the missions (i love the harvester bloody carnage feeling you got when you storm the first floor for the very first time :D!)
this is awesome!, imho only miss the commendation and the expanded terrain and map packs and this would be perfect :P :P :P

edit: also juuuuuuuuuuust and small nit-picky annoying thing.
 i notice how sometimes the armors, suits and stuff have the "tanned gray-brownish color"(sorry i dont know how to describe it, but you know,the vainilla POWER SUIT ARMOR COLOR) being the "standard" version of most armors, but the personal armour standard color is a blueish one and its feels odd and my OCD is killing me xD, so i think it should be better if PA its also tan for the continuity and standarish sake ...if you dont care about this i understand it and i would like to know how to fix this ...cheers :p
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 09:01:15 am by blackwolf »

Offline XOps

• Colonel
  • Guy who drowns first
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: February 15, 2016, 05:17:00 am »
I love the mod, XOps, been looking forward to the next set of updates.  I love scavving your weapon sprites!
Thanks. Hopefully I can release the next update soon. Been really busy on my end. I haven't been completely idle though.

this mod looks pretty cool indeed, i love the high techie sci fi vibe you got here.....and man DAAAAT GIFF THO  8) 8)...i love how a lot of stuff is animated in the missions (i love the harvester bloody carnage feeling you got when you storm the first floor for the very first time :D!)
this is awesome!, imho only miss the commendation and the expanded terrain and map packs and this would be perfect :P :P :P

edit: also juuuuuuuuuuust and small nit-picky annoying thing.
 i notice how sometimes the armors, suits and stuff have the "tanned gray-brownish color"(sorry i dont know how to describe it, but you know,the vainilla POWER SUIT ARMOR COLOR) being the "standard" version of most armors, but the personal armour standard color is a blueish one and its feels odd and my OCD is killing me xD, so i think it should be better if PA its also tan for the continuity and standarish sake ...if you dont care about this i understand it and i would like to know how to fix this ...cheers :p

Thanks for the feedback. The armor naming thing should be fixed on the next update. Also the commendation mod is completely compatible. I should probably mention that on the front page. I hope to add a lot more maps in the future, but I am trying to get the rest of the mod finished first before I start messing with that.

Offline new_civilian

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: April 03, 2016, 03:58:05 pm »
Here some small tribute screenshots. I have to admit I am using some parts of your mod for my own (strictly personal) mod, I changed the final cydonia map to your base and edited the objectives accordingly... things like that.  :)

Anyway: Your work is just incredible. Thanks for all this.

Offline Vermoin

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: April 05, 2016, 11:20:21 pm »
This mod is wonderful, but I have one problem with it. Melee is bugged: Everytime anything does a melee attack, the game crashes no matter what. So I can't get past any floater terror missions, nor have a good chance of capturing live aliens early game. It means I can never get past the early game, which is really shiet. Can someone help me out?

Offline johnnyfog

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: April 28, 2016, 08:12:20 am »
Holy Hell!  This is a mod that'll put hair on your chest. 

Everything's nerfed.  Everything. My guns are s*it, my armor is s*it, my grenades are s*hit, my fighters are s*it... even research trees only restore you to the Ufo Defense defaults.

But you know what's sadistic?  Sniper nests in the ufos.  Best I can figure, there are blind spots under the hull, but unless you're in the right spot you can't retaliate.  I nearly captured a "Cloner" ship in January...only to lose my entire team to Chris Kyle on the third level. 

Nearly gave up on reactions training completely..until I found a small ufos with some roachers.

(EDIT:  Oh, and Silacoids are the new Chryssalids.  With no lasers, all you have is rockets--often indoors. have fun with that.)
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 11:41:44 pm by johnnyfog »

Offline AncientSion

• Colonel
  • Ave Caesar, morituri te salutant.
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: May 02, 2016, 08:16:32 pm »
I have to say that the visuals of this mod are amazing, Its like its a whole new game with the Ufos, armor, Pedia, weapons. Amazing, amazing job.

Offline johnnyfog

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: May 03, 2016, 07:17:29 am »
Experimenting with new ways of destroying the transmitters.   Fascinating, this mod.   HWPs fit my play style, because if all else fails you can brute force your way through a map.   But an HWP can destroy your only route(s) out of the temple. 

Question:   if I clean out the temple instead of bombing the codex, do I get a windfall of some sort?  Does the transmitter get added to my inventory?

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: May 09, 2016, 08:56:42 pm »
Enjoying the mod immensely, especially the early choices between selling UFO parts and breaking them down for codex fragments, and between using the fragments/alloys to make better equipment versus using the materials to tech up.  Also, love the PDWs as starting weapons, I was a fan of giving probably more soldiers than I should the SMGs in Final Mod Pack, it's great that you enabled these weapons as a viable alternative to the assault rifles.

Question:   if I clean out the temple instead of bombing the codex, do I get a windfall of some sort?  Does the transmitter get added to my inventory?

Just completed a codex recovery where I cleared out all the floaters without destroying the device, I didn't see any extra loot from the mission.

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: May 18, 2016, 12:03:20 am »
Experienced a CTD when attempting to fire the hybrid cannon with the chem (incendiary shells), happens on hitting the target.  I've attached a save where it occurs, just use the selected soldier to fire on the Muton he's facing.

I was able to fix the CTD by changing the lines for the hit sound/animation for STR_HB_CANNON_CLIP2 to
Code: [Select]
    hitSound: 0
    hitAnimation: 0

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: May 31, 2016, 11:38:05 pm »
Sorry to be mostly posting bugs here, but I found a glitch with one of the UFO maps.  In the save attached, I'm assaulting one of the very large UFOs from either a infiltration or base construction mission (I'll see at the end of the month).  If you instruct the selected UAV to move up to the next higher level, it does so by pathing through the floor straight into one of the side engine rooms - I had discovered this with the other UAV already in the room, just wanted to make sure it was reproducible.  It's a possible exploit for making the assault easier using armed UAVs or flying armor.

Offline begri

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: June 09, 2016, 01:41:44 am »
Very good mod.

Gesendet von meinem SM-T800 mit Tapatalk

Offline begri

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: June 11, 2016, 10:45:18 am »