Author Topic: Nuclear Weapons  (Read 4880 times)

Offline caleafterearth

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Nuclear Weapons
« on: September 04, 2014, 04:24:05 pm »
hey all, i just uploaded a mod, called nuclear arsenal, that involves a guided rocket nuke, and a guided rocket nuke, fired from a tank. lol

its all pretty insane, and not at all balanced.

but i'm having trouble getting it to load, i keep getting an error on line 82, column 5.

this is all thats on line 82

armor: TANK_ARMOR

and i have no idea how to fix it!! lol

i've attached the mod to this post, just in case anyone wants a look. thanks!

Offline Falko

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Nuclear Weapons
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2014, 05:37:06 pm »
Code: [Select]
   race: STR_TANK_NUKE_LAUNCHER
   stats:
      tu: 170
      melee: 70
    armor: TANK_ARMOR
the indentation is wrong see image or count spaces
« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 05:40:18 pm by Falko »

Offline essohbe

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2014, 06:17:58 pm »
Backspace "armor" ...

Love these nuke mods. I'm currently using the one that blows up 20 tiles and uses the high explosive sprite.

One logic problem to me seemed to be why can a backpack nuke completely destroy a landed battleship when ajax missiles are supposed to be nukes also and hardly do anything when shooting UFOs down?

--- posts merge ---

*avalanch missles* I meant, lol, sorry. Differnt game :p
« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 09:20:19 am by Solarius Scorch »

Offline Avalanche

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2014, 06:51:42 pm »
One logic problem to me seemed to be why can a backpack nuke completely destroy a landed battleship when ajax missiles are supposed to be nukes also and hardly do anything when shooting UFOs down?

The idea that they're nukes at all is kind of silly. XCOM is supposed to be a secret organization, and yet from day one of the invasion they have fighter jets which can fire a half dozen nuclear warheads above populated cities?

That aside, we can just say that the enemy UFOs have shields. The nuclear explosions get stopped by the shield, but it overtaxes the generators and causes the ship to crash. One the ground, the shields aren't working so the much weaker handheld weapons are able to damage it.

Offline yrizoud

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2014, 08:02:11 pm »
You can imagine there are energy shields, or alien counter-measures which can shoot incoming missiles moments before impact.

Offline caleafterearth

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2014, 10:26:55 pm »
Well, thanks guys! All fixed now. Can be downloaded in the mod section!
Enjoy the carnage!

Offline Sturm

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2014, 11:20:12 pm »
Backspace "armor" ...

Love these nuke mods. I'm currently using the one that blows up 20 tiles and uses the high explosive sprite.

In original game the descriptions weren't displayed. So, maybe they came to conclusion that they are silly and don't reflect what happens in the battlescape. Something which wasn't changed with multiple versions and from what I saw on different platforms:
https://youtu.be/bdHgE_1kH2o?t=13m11s