aliens

Author Topic: Item hunting on the ground= pain in the butt  (Read 2647 times)

Offline Dingusdoo

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Item hunting on the ground= pain in the butt
« on: September 05, 2014, 10:29:32 pm »
I'm not sure what others feel about items on the ground, but depending on where they are they might be nigh impossible to find without wasting precious TUs and awkwardly going into the inventory screen.

Proximity grenades are the bane of my existence when I forget about them, too. One might say that it's part of the game and if I forget about them it's tough sh** if I blow up my own troops, but I feel like the soldiers should be a bit more observant than I am.

It'd be nice if hovering the cursor over a square with items could some how indicate if something was there, or possibly give a text readout on the screen. I personally would like it if prox grenades  could give off a dull flash that can compensate for isometric walls that completely hide them.

Thank you for reading my first post and I hope I posted in the right area.

Offline Falko

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Item hunting on the ground= pain in the butt
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2014, 10:33:37 pm »
the map view helps in that regard
you can see items there

Offline yrizoud

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Item hunting on the ground= pain in the butt
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2014, 12:48:34 pm »
Yep, the map view is there for this. You can center on the object, and then in the iso view it will be exactly in the middle. It's also helpful to aim at the almost-hidden aliens which are detected by your troops but painted black because their ground tile is not visible.

Also if you throw a proxi that you're afraid you'll forget later (for example in a large terror map, you missthrow and it lands hidden by a wall), don't hesitate to throw a lightstick nearby to "tag" the place.