Author Topic: [WIP][Beta][MegaMod]Equal Terms 2.0 - Beta 1.997  (Read 155822 times)

Offline Infini

• Colonel
  • Alien French Translator
    • View Profile
Re: [WIP][Beta][MegaMod]Equal Terms 2.0 - Beta 1.975
« Reply #105 on: September 18, 2014, 11:58:17 pm »
1.973 Beta
PSXSounds
UFOextender Psionic Line of Fire

I had the problem before.  I thought that it was the Terrain Map Pack, because they had problems recently.
I include a save file.
When I want to reach a base with the SkyRanger, the game crashes.

If I disable "ET_MiscChangesv1965.rul", I'm able to start the mission.
Maybe it is related to the Hyperwave decoder?

:(

Offline KingMob4313

• Commander
  • Never let me down again.
    • View Profile
    • Mod Hub for Equal Terms 2.0
« Reply #106 on: September 19, 2014, 12:14:12 am »
Whoops. Disable the hyperwave code. I haven't gotten to a base yet. Will patch and rerelease in 2 hours.

Offline Infini

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 19, 2014, 12:30:21 am »
Will patch and rerelease in 2 hours.

Thank you

Offline pkrcel

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 19, 2014, 11:49:17 pm »
Whenever I put an ISSRL on the right hand of a soldier and then hit OK, game crashes to desktop, I suspect a faulty ISSRL handobj.

EDIT: in fact exstrasprite 230 is not defined....I patched using 340 (the SSRL handob).

« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 11:55:10 pm by pkrcel »

Offline KingMob4313

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 20, 2014, 02:32:22 am »
Thanks for the bug report. I am going to finish my work on the MGL and try to release. Working up the new tanks is taxing.

Offline KingMob4313

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 20, 2014, 06:44:35 am »
Finishing up the MGL, hoping to get the tanks in before I release again.

Offline pkrcel

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 21, 2014, 05:35:14 pm »
Bug Report:

The Laser Array UFOpedia page si visible right after researching Laser Cannon.

EDIT:Of course, setting the 'requires' string to STR_LASER_ARRAY instead of STR_LASER_CANNON fixes the issue.

« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 07:34:10 pm by pkrcel »

Offline HelmetHair

• Colonel
  • He who laughs last thinks fastest.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 21, 2014, 09:00:08 pm »
Finishing up the MGL, hoping to get the tanks in before I release again.

SWEEEET.

Anything firm on what tanks you are putting in? I'm super excited about having good drones/ROVs/tanks.

Also, is there any possibility of adding in melee attacks for equal terms weapons? I would love to bash a few aliens with an empty assault rifle.

Thank you for all your hard work!

-HH

Offline pkrcel

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 21, 2014, 09:45:23 pm »
Also, is there any possibility of adding in melee attacks for equal terms weapons? I would love to bash a few aliens with an empty assault rifle.

It is the same for all modded weapons, the melee attack just isn't implemented....anyway +1, I'd like it SOOO much.

Offline HelmetHair

• Colonel
  • He who laughs last thinks fastest.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 22, 2014, 01:16:19 am »
It is the same for all modded weapons, the melee attack just isn't implemented....anyway +1, I'd like it SOOO much.

Do you mean that there are simply a few dangly bits of code that need to be switched on, or that there needs to be a complete overall for the melee feature?

-HH

Offline KingMob4313

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 22, 2014, 05:48:40 am »
Sorry, been busy with other things... Will try to get something out before this coming friday.

But here's a taste:

Offline Infini

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 22, 2014, 06:15:41 am »
Still alive ?
 :)

About the laser sounds.

Thumbs up!

Offline KingMob4313

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 23, 2014, 05:46:31 am »
Thanks for the feedback, I've cleared a few more bugs with the help of everyone.

Added a new laser array ufopedia entry graphic and working on the 6 shot grenade launcher and  I'm finishing up work on the HWP. 

So, I have a question:

One weapon HWP or Two Weapon HWP? 

I'm a little concerned about the balance on the HWP if I go with a 2 weapon HWP.  Right now, it would be a SAW or a GPMG paired with a grenade launcher, or a Rocket Launcher Paired with a SMG.

...Which is fine for the gunpowder ones. For the laser, I could do Laser weapons and then improved rockets and grenades.

But pairing up a plasma SMG with blasterbombs seems a bit overpowered, or full auto plasma with plasma grenade launchers.

...Especially considering the fact that alien HWP can't use two weapons like the player can.

Any thoughts?

Offline pkrcel

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 23, 2014, 10:46:19 am »
Well, it depends....HWPs to me should mix some anti-personell (SMG-LMG alike) with demolition damage (HE, mostly like an heavy cannon), when 'dual-wielding'.

A rocket tank (or any type of significant HIGH HE damage) should not have a secondary weapon.

Higher tier techs could very well be limited to 1 weapon due to "technology constraints" (no more than 1 plasma generator for example)

The laser tanks could (mostly) drop HE damage, and have an heavy laser cannon (which MIGHT even have a VEEERY small HE burst on impact? so to make 3 tiles holes instead of singles) and a laser quickgun for infantry (say a Laser SMG? )

But they should STILL be limited, they are *not* your main force...also having a proper anti-infantry weapon on tanks might make them too useful in base defense mission in my opinion.

Just throwing ideas in there....

Also, balance can be obtained through having higher tiers of alien tech not attainable by humans (as you might have implied is part of the aim of a complete Equal Terms).

ANYWAY, I'd like to say just one more time how much this mod rocks. I'm midway in Laser Tech in my superhuman campaign had having a GREAT TIME. Really challenging but feels doable and no (felt) overpower (even thou my snipers are really really deadly).

Given the serious investment that are armors now, I once more ask you to look into Armor Repair Rules, I might scrounge up a dedicated ruleset for it adapting from the other mods....I only need the time to do that  :-\ ...which I do not eagerly steal from my XCOM-EqBeta capaign you know  ;D

EDIT: fixed horrible typos and mught add: I'm using a METRIC TON of Alien Alloys, I never had such high consumption. Good Job!

On the other hand, I already crashed 20 UFOs, and got a handful of FIVE power sources, so I have 249 elerium....which I can't use for naught....but only because I neglected any other E-115 research...I suspect Alien Grenades woudl fit nicely but.....Enhanced Frag Satchel is cheap and effective.... ::)

« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 10:52:55 am by pkrcel »

Offline Infini

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 23, 2014, 03:54:07 pm »
...Especially considering the fact that alien HWP can't use two weapons like the player can.

So, I vote "No".

Now, to get the laser weapons, it's more difficult.  Inproved ammos are useful... finally.
Same with the plasma arsenal.
Improved interceptor, nice idea.  Faster.

The balance seems OK.

My only complaint is about the light and tactical armors.  6 different models in color.
Confusing sometimes...
I know, I told you before

:)