aliens

Author Topic: Manufacturing Shortcut Error  (Read 3118 times)

Offline Recruit69

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Manufacturing Shortcut Error
« on: August 26, 2014, 07:55:20 pm »
So, my first base, has a workshop.

I construct a second base, transferred all my manufactuing stuff and engineers to that base with two new workshops.

I dismantle the workshops in my first base.

Every time research item is complete and a manufacture window comes up, saying items are now available for manufacture. Clicking on the button in the screen to go straight to the manufacturing window only goes to the first base with non-existent workshops and engineers....

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Re: Manufacturing Shortcut Error
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2014, 10:12:42 pm »
Hmm, an interesting observation. It's not exactly a bug, but certainly a room for improvement...

Perhaps it deserves to be on the bugtracker?

Offline Recruit69

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2014, 10:48:56 pm »
Sure, just wondered if others have had a issue? I shall put it on the bugtracker.

Offline kkmic

• Commander
  • Undefined
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2014, 03:52:03 pm »
Yeah, it probably tries to open the manufacture screen in the same base with the research lab that finished the research - or to your first base.

It should check for the presence of a workshop in the 'current' base and offer the shortcut only if present. Or it could offer the shortcut to another base with a workshop. Or... the possibilities are endless :)

Offline BlackLibrary

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2014, 07:37:25 pm »
Sure, just wondered if others have had a issue? I shall put it on the bugtracker.

Its not a bug...happens to me all the time.  As kkmic stated, its openning the manufacture screen to the same as the research lab that finished the work.  An improvement would be for the UI to have the multi-base selector at the top of the screen, but defaults to where the research just completed.