Author Topic: Inventory automatic reset  (Read 11570 times)

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
Re: Inventory automatic reset
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2014, 01:27:16 am »
Create your own template is already in the latest nightly build.

Right, I use the official release. None of this fancy stuff for me! Until 1.1 I guess :)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2014, 08:23:43 am »
quick question - in general do you equip many units with the same loadout? That is, in general, would it be more efficient to use the current template copy/paste or the new proposed ground-based autoequip?

I never use any sort of permanent loadout. The ground-based autoequip, however, would be very useful to me.

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2014, 07:00:43 am »
Really? I split operatives into several categories (scouts/breachers/snipers/heavies/demolitioners) and have very well defined base sets for each. The extras vary (usually depending on TUs/Reaction/Strength), but the basic stuff doesn't.

What makes you change equipment all the time? Do you have fancy aliens that require different weaponry?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2014, 08:00:51 am »
Really? I split operatives into several categories (scouts/breachers/snipers/heavies/demolitioners) and have very well defined base sets for each. The extras vary (usually depending on TUs/Reaction/Strength), but the basic stuff doesn't.

What makes you change equipment all the time? Do you have fancy aliens that require different weaponry?

I don't change equipment all the time, but I equip every soldier according to their stats and role. Having a template for all, or even a group of soldiers wouldn't make sense to me.

Offline Camalex97

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2014, 03:18:20 pm »
what about a option for items that works along the lines of "give X number of X equiptment to soldiers of X rank"

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2014, 03:28:28 pm »
what about a option for items that works along the lines of "give X number of X equiptment to soldiers of X rank"

THat sounds like hardcore macroing. I'm not against it on principle, but I really don't think OpenXCom is complex enough to warrant such ideas... But I won't be defending this position until death. :)

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2014, 12:35:07 am »
"X rank" my XCom officers tend to be doing very varied jobs, from breaching to sharpshooting. I'd be very hard pressed to pick something.. Basing it on stats might work better? (Reactions > 55: a shotgun to get in UFOs; Accuracy > 75: Sniper rifle)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2014, 05:23:57 am »
I'm actually giving sniper rifles to lousy shots, as the super-high aim shot accuracy overcomes their crappy skill and allows them to gain valuable experience :) My highest-accuracy soldiers usually get cumbersome but potentially deadly stuff like Heavy Cannons, Heavy Lasers...

Offline myk002

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2014, 06:06:20 am »
Sorry it took so long, but implemented and submitted as: https://github.com/SupSuper/OpenXcom/pull/941

Offline Recruit69

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2014, 10:23:46 pm »
Sorry it took so long, but implemented and submitted as: https://github.com/SupSuper/OpenXcom/pull/941

Nice one.

Fingers crossed it'll get implemented...